• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Road & Track Livestreams A Test Drive Of The P5. And The Fender Falls Off... :(

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The E1A has only been displayed at the vendors meeting, and then given to Continental Industries.
It doesn't have headlight and who knows what else.
So unless it's in one of the build pictures, I don't believe anyone can answer that.
We just recently saw a picture of the E1A along with 4 unfinished Elios. I believe at the time the E1A was "turned over" to Continental, there were just 3 frames available. That would indicate this picture was taken after E1A was given to Continental so either Elio is having Continental work on the vehicle under Elio's ever-watching eye, Continental is done with it, or Continental only took it for show and hasn't actually gotten their hands on the the Elio. (still hating that name)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We just recently saw a picture of the E1A along with 4 unfinished Elios. I believe at the time the E1A was "turned over" to Continental, there were just 3 frames available. That would indicate this picture was taken after E1A was given to Continental so either Elio is having Continental work on the vehicle under Elio's ever-watching eye, Continental is done with it, or Continental only took it for show and hasn't actually gotten their hands on the the Elio. (still hating that name)
That's just it; are you sure that was the E1A? Maybe it was the E1B or C
Plain vanilla Elio's for engineering and testing; since there are no markings to show which model is which.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's just it; are you sure that was the E1A? Maybe it was the E1B or C
Plain vanilla Elio's for engineering and testing; since there are no markings to show which model is which.
Well played... Perhaps the first 19 were all white and what we are seeing are the last 4 unfinished E series. But, the realist in me says we are seeing E1A-E1E.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because that big black curtain is still hanging up in the background of the picture, I'm going to guess that the photo was taken at or around the same time as the big E1A reveal. They gathered together all of the frames they had on hand, and took a photo for marketing.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another alternative explanation is that the fourth and fifth E series frames were already under construction before the delivery to Continental and just hadn't made it into the news or pictures yet.

That's what I hope occurred since it would mean the other E series frames are further down the road than we thought.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Road and Track is trying to be kind to EM. They down played the problems and have said they like the idea of an American car company.

When the Elio is ready to go with all development completed and ready to deliver the first vehicle, EM should offer Road and Track another opportunity to try it out. This time with the final version that is perfect. I believe Road and Track would be eager to do this.

Perhaps someplace other than New York city.
Caranddriverblog is scathing ... as are the comments posted. Scathing AND ignirant. Who are those people any how?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question about the R&T drive/test:
We don't know if it was a last minute invite, or if they had it apart before going there; or on and on; there are times that you're just not ready to go, but have to; this could have been one of those situations; we don't know the circumstances why things happened like they did.

Can anyone say they actually know all of the circumstances and they are sure about it?

Top Bottom