• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Road & Track Livestreams A Test Drive Of The P5. And The Fender Falls Off... :(

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
BIG TIME! I mean what the hell is going on at EM? The P2 is suppose to be an improvement from P1, P3 is suppose to be an improvement from P3, P4 is suppose to be an improvement from P3, P5 is suppose to be an improvement from P4? Right now I'm thinking they are improving the "LOOKS" and not the "FUNCTION" of the ELIO! I mean these are experts in the field of automotive for crying out loud and none, I mean none of those problems was addressed! I say Prototype my a__! I'm sorry but it's just frustrating to see this, and now they are just in the process of subjecting the e-series for "wind tunnel" testing?????? Isn't that one of the first and important thing that they should have tested once they have a working P1, P2 or P3 since EM is touting a 84mpg trike?? That's what happens when these prototype spends more time delivered in a truck from shows to shows instead of actually driving it! Yap, it sure look sharp and shiny as a new coin at the shows but drive like sh__! Please pardon my frustration.:mad:
If you are that upset at Elio Motors, I suggest you take it up with them
Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated directly to Elio Motors.
Rather than venting here, contact the people that are controlling all of the aspects of the Elio and let them know.

Elio Motors can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BIG TIME! I mean what the hell is going on at EM? The P2 is suppose to be an improvement from P1, P3 is suppose to be an improvement from P3, P4 is suppose to be an improvement from P3, P5 is suppose to be an improvement from P4? Right now I'm thinking they are improving the "LOOKS" and not the "FUNCTION" of the ELIO! I mean these are experts in the field of automotive for crying out loud and none, I mean none of those problems was addressed! I say Prototype my a__! I'm sorry but it's just frustrating to see this, and now they are just in the process of subjecting the e-series for "wind tunnel" testing?????? Isn't that one of the first and important thing that they should have tested once they have a working P1, P2 or P3 since EM is touting a 84mpg trike?? That's what happens when these prototype spends more time delivered in a truck from shows to shows instead of actually driving it! Yap, it sure look sharp and shiny as a new coin at the shows but drive like sh__! Please pardon my frustration.:mad:

Without the deep pockets of Elon Musk or similar person, Paul Elio had to prioritize what he funded. They built the prototypes progressively better as they found out what people liked and disliked (no Elgin discussion here, please). From comments and suggestions, each prototype was a board to show potential investors what path they were following. Had Paul spent all the money on wind tunnel testing, for instance, he would be unable to drum up support. As it is, he's managed to drum up over 55,000 people who are willing to put down a deposit. He's also managed to get a LOT of the behind the scenes stuff done. NOW, you've got Roush involved to fix the ride of what now is a prototype that is very close to production. The P5 was a "show" prototype. It was for show and display. Did Paul make a mistake by letting car magazine writers drive it? Possibly. However, one of the writers DID say that it rode better than the well established Morgan three wheeler. So, they are doing something right.

Fixing the problems with the P5 really doesn't accomplish much since not even the frame is going to be used in production. It would be quite nutty to spend any engineering time on what is now the previous version of the Elio. They need to concentrate their efforts on the future and it looks like they are. Did you notice that E1a doesn't even have lights? Doesn't need them. Why waste time on them? The E1b will be their benchmark and the E1c will be their new show car and you can bet it'll be drivable and THAT one will be the one the magazines should be driving. Personally, it looks like Paul jumped the gun with R&T but, like they say, you have to strike while the iron's hot!

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Be a good idea to read a bit more thru the various Sections and Threads to help answer your questions

Coss posted this in another thread and I believe may help give an idea and time line of what is involved and required to be involved before the Elio is ready for selling.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/w...e-dozen-test-vehicles.7560/page-4#post-157315

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well OK I see from your posts how the model numbers go. And it looks like any of E1d, E1e or E1f could produce those MPG and performance numbers I wanted to see. And any of E1f though E1w will actually be crashed tested.
I guess if all goes well, we'll never see a E2a. Just on to the ? S/100 ? series.

Guess I'm getting may answer here

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well OK I see from your posts how the model numbers go. And it looks like any of E1d, E1e or E1f could produce those MPG and performance numbers I wanted to see. And any of E1f though E1w will actually be crashed tested.
I guess if all goes well, we'll never see a E2a. Just on to the ? S/100 ? series.

Guess I'm getting may answer here
Yes, this week's Momentum v65 in posted in a few different areas.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are that upset at Elio Motors, I suggest you take it up with them
Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated directly to Elio Motors.
Rather than venting here, contact the people that are controlling all of the aspects of the Elio and let them know.

Elio Motors can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016
I'm all good Coss! ;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Without the deep pockets of Elon Musk or similar person, Paul Elio had to prioritize what he funded. They built the prototypes progressively better as they found out what people liked and disliked (no Elgin discussion here, please). From comments and suggestions, each prototype was a board to show potential investors what path they were following. Had Paul spent all the money on wind tunnel testing, for instance, he would be unable to drum up support. As it is, he's managed to drum up over 55,000 people who are willing to put down a deposit. He's also managed to get a LOT of the behind the scenes stuff done. NOW, you've got Roush involved to fix the ride of what now is a prototype that is very close to production. The P5 was a "show" prototype. It was for show and display. Did Paul make a mistake by letting car magazine writers drive it? Possibly. However, one of the writers DID say that it rode better than the well established Morgan three wheeler. So, they are doing something right.

Fixing the problems with the P5 really doesn't accomplish much since not even the frame is going to be used in production. It would be quite nutty to spend any engineering time on what is now the previous version of the Elio. They need to concentrate their efforts on the future and it looks like they are. Did you notice that E1a doesn't even have lights? Doesn't need them. Why waste time on them? The E1b will be their benchmark and the E1c will be their new show car and you can bet it'll be drivable and THAT one will be the one the magazines should be driving. Personally, it looks like Paul jumped the gun with R&T but, like they say, you have to strike while the iron's hot!
Make sense, Ty. Thanks.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Be a good idea to read a bit more thru the various Sections and Threads to help answer your questions

Coss posted this in another thread and I believe may help give an idea and time line of what is involved and required to be involved before the Elio is ready for selling.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/w...e-dozen-test-vehicles.7560/page-4#post-157315
Better yet, there were two posts, earlier in this thread that told a good aspect about it.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/r...the-fender-falls-off.7546/page-10#post-157127

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/r...the-fender-falls-off.7546/page-11#post-157147

Top Bottom