• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Road & Track Livestreams A Test Drive Of The P5. And The Fender Falls Off... :(

BearLakeSteve

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Found one answer from DWH in a post from March 2014. So I know the production model will have 3 point restraints in the back seat. Now that I think of it, I remember hearing something about 3 point and attaching a children's car seat.

Found Latch verification in a Tech Talk from March. Copied and pasted:

The $6,800 base price of the Elio will feature a high-level of standard design features found in the interior of more expensive vehicles:
  • Air conditioning
  • Power windows and lock
  • AM/FM mp3 stereo with USB connection
  • Steering wheel mounted airbag, side curtain airbags
  • Console mounted shifter and park brake
  • Rear mounted LATCH system for securing in a child seat
  • 3-point safety belts for driver and passenger

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Found one answer from DWH in a post from March 2014. So I know the production model will have 3 point restraints in the back seat. Now that I think of it, I remember hearing something about 3 point and attaching a children's car seat.

Found Latch verification in a Tech Talk from March. Copied and pasted:

The $6,800 base price of the Elio will feature a high-level of standard design features found in the interior of more expensive vehicles:

• Air conditioning
    • Power windows and lock
    • AM/FM mp3 stereo with USB connection
    • Steering wheel mounted airbag, side curtain airbags
    • Console mounted shifter and park brake
    • Rear mounted LATCH system for securing in a child seat
    • 3-point safety belts for driver and passenger
There are a few more items you can add to that list; like Cruise Control, AC (wait, you had AC on the list), Heater, 5 speed manual transmission, long list (later) of options you can add

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was concerned that the ride seemed very rough until I noticed that the camera seemed to jerk
around even when the Elio was stopped.

IMAGE STABILIZATION WOULD HAVE MADE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN THE VIDEO .
I FOR ONE ENJOYED THE CHANCE TO RIDE ALONG DESPITE THE SHAKING .

IT IS INTERESTING HOW HE WAS UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE DRIVING POSITION
AT THE BEGINNING AND HOW QUICKLY BECAME ACCLIMATED TO IT WITHIN MINUTES .
HE WAS GETTING INTO IT AND ENJOYING THE DRIVE BY THE TIME THE FENDER CAME OFF .
One small item to add; when they started out, the camera man got in the back, and the slid the driver seat all the way back.
The camera man didn't ask for the seat to move up, he had enough room.
This is great! How many cars coming out today that you (as an adult) can sit in the back seat and have the driver move his seat back and you have enough room? Not many.
I don't think the ride was that rough for downtown Manhattan; that's not the smoothest street to test a 3 wheeler on; so we got to see what potholes do to the rear passenger.
Plus for the windows down, the audio wasn't great, but you could understand him giving the running dialog.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think the ride was that rough for downtown Manhattan; that's not the smoothest street to test a 3 wheeler on; so we got to see what potholes do to the read passenger..

for those who've been following a while .... remember when they took the P4 to Fox and Friends and Brian Kilmeade drug the muffler off when he drove away in it ?? .... NY streets are apparently rough on an Elio .. :D

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
for those who've been following a while .... remember when they took the P4 to Fox and Friends and Brian Kilmeade drug the muffler off when he drove away in it ?? .... NY streets are apparently rough on an Elio .. :D

IIRC that was why they moved the exhaust system to the right side of the vehicle.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was the cameraman a rookie or was there a reason he took the video in portrait mode?

BECAUSE OF THE WIDTH OF THE CAR A BACK SEAT VIDEO HAS TO BE SHOT
FROM OVER THE DRIVER's SHOULDER , A LANDSCAPE VIDEO WOULD
HAVE SHOWN MOSTLY A WINDOW & THE BACK OF THE DRIVER's SEAT .

HERE IS A NICE ONE IN A MESSERSCHMITT DONE IN LANDSCAPE
FOR COMPARISON . & THEY DON'T LOOSE ANY PARTS !

Last edited:
Top Bottom