• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Road & Track Livestreams A Test Drive Of The P5. And The Fender Falls Off... :(

Reaction score
for those who've been following a while .... remember when they took the P4 to Fox and Friends and Brian Kilmeade drug the muffler off when he drove away in it ?? .... NY streets are apparently rough on an Elio .. :D

YEAH! AND to the sounds of it, it is apparent they never fixed it. Actual it sounds like they tried to fix it with a coke can. Inexcusable not haven't that vehicle buttoned down and spit shinned before giving the keys to somebody. Gauges aren't hooked up! How long has this vehicle been on the road and they didn't have time to snap it in? The windows aren't operational! LIVE STREAM !!! THE HORROR !!! Those guys could have been killed.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said when it was unveiled... pretty much a rolling mock-up.
But, in all fairness, I oooh'd and aaah'd right along with the rest of us anyway.

Still do.

But when I suggested that the P5 might not be really road-worthy (for normal highway speeds)...
People did the, "HOW DARE YOU! WHAT ON EARTH COULD YOU POSSIBLY MEAN BY THAT?" thing.

Is the Elio trunk big enough to accommodate one of the stock fenders (just in case)?

Oh Well.

Sorry Seth... I mean all's well.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another test complete!
Now ELIO knows what will happen if a fender comes off.
And they have the video to analyze so they can solve the problem.

Are you kidding? That's not a problem, that's the new emergency braking feature! Explosive bolts jettison the fender, which lifts the wheel off the ground and skids the car to a safe stop :D

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you kidding? That's not a problem, that's the new emergency braking feature! Explosive bolts jettison the fender, which lifts the wheel off the ground and skids the car to a safe stop :D

Or maybe Q could make it a downhill skiing feature in a new 007 movie. :rolleyes:
Ski down the hill, over a bump by a road, drop the fenders and continue down the road. ;)

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK .
THEY COULD SELL THE FEATURE AS A POTHOLE PROTECTOR .

DEPLOYED AT THE RIGHT INSTANT , IT COULD HELP VAULT THE WHEEL
SMOOTHLY AND SAFELY OVER A POTHOLE . COULD SAVE AN EXPENSIVE RIM !

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA .

PAUL SHOULD SWING A DEAL WITH A MOVIE COMPANY TO WORK ONE OF THE E-SERIES CARS
INTO A SEAT OF THE PANTS CHASE SCENE .

AT SOME POINT WHEN THE CARS ARE GOING VERY FAST , BOTH FENDERS COME OFF ,
SPIN UNDER THE FRONT TIRES & FLIP INTO THE AIR , SPINNING LIKE BOOMERANGS .

EACH FENDER LANDS ON THE WINDSHIELD OF A PURSUING CAR SENDING THEM OUT OF CONTROL .

IF JAMES BOND IS DRIVING , THIS WILL BE A SPECIAL SPY FEATURE WHERE HE PUSHES A BUTTON TO DEPLOY THE FENDERS .
WHY NOT ? HE DROVE A CITROEN 2CV IN "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY"

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Road and Track is trying to be kind to EM. They down played the problems and have said they like the idea of an American car company.

When the Elio is ready to go with all development completed and ready to deliver the first vehicle, EM should offer Road and Track another opportunity to try it out. This time with the final version that is perfect. I believe Road and Track would be eager to do this.

Perhaps someplace other than New York city.

Top Bottom