• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Safety Question

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are no dumb questions. Sorry if I came across crass. If you need a discussion point to prove safety in order to get someone onboard the Elio train, then that what you need to figure out for yourself. My wife keeps the centerpunch in her car. I'll bet she couldn't even find a body of water big enough to cover the windows of even an upside down car but she thinks it makes her feel safe. And THAT is the reason I bought one for her. It makes her feel good, she makes me feel good... win-win.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife keeps a simple spring loaded center punch... they cost about $15 and take up about as much room as a pen. She's convinced she'll end up in a lake and the electric windows won't work. There was a news story on TV about it and the reporter couldn't kick out a window while the car was filling up but he used the little center punch and simply pressed it against the window and it just popped into a million little pieces. I guess IF the Elio was on it's side and IF no one was nearby who could tip over a precariously balanced 1200 LB car...

I'd like to see that, is there a link to the video?

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Geeez. I have a safety hammer and thought that it was good enough. Looks like I'll be getting a spring loaded center punch now!

Top Bottom