• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? You Have To Provide Your Own Water Bottle For The Windshield Washer?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not read through all the pages in this thread, but I, for one, think this is a brilliant idea. First and foremost, this reduces, in a very tiny amount, the amount of plastic being used in this world, which is virtually non degradable. Second, this eliminates the partially filled bottle rattling around the trunk or in the garage. Why *not* do this? All you have to do is screw on the hose and put the bottle in the holder. Voila! Easy peasy.
Carolyn, welcome to the forum and for jumping right in with your comments. As you are already aware the forum has latest information, rumors, and opinions about the development and production of the Elio. Craig's advise is solid and will help you shorten your learning curve about this historic vehicle. Don't be afraid to ask questions because the members are friendly and helpful and have expertise in so many areas and will try to answer your questions. Welcome to this historic journey and enjoy the experience.

Ausrere

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think it's a brilliant idea too. Makes perfect sense and couldn't be easier to refill the fluid. The first time I use someone besides Pep Boys for an oil change will be fun though. Looking forward to the look on the automotive techs face when they open the hood to add wiper fluid and they aren't aware of the replaceable bottle. :D

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's a brilliant idea too. Makes perfect sense and couldn't be easier to refill the fluid. The first time I use someone besides Pep Boys for an oil change will be fun though. Looking forward to the look on the automotive techs face when they open the hood to add wiper fluid and they aren't aware of the replaceable bottle. :D

Also a service center can still top up the off the shelf bottle if it's low. Most oil change facilities mix and dispense washer solvent from bulk containers.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not read through all the pages in this thread, but I, for one, think this is a brilliant idea. First and foremost, this reduces, in a very tiny amount, the amount of plastic being used in this world, which is virtually non degradable. Second, this eliminates the partially filled bottle rattling around the trunk or in the garage. Why *not* do this? All you have to do is screw on the hose and put the bottle in the holder. Voila! Easy peasy.
Welcome Carolyn

gtophil

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Actually, from what I read, not a water bottle, but one of those one-gallon bottles of windshield-wiper fluid (which you have to buy anyway). Now you don't have to pour it into a reservoir and risk spilling it, you just take the empty bottle off the feeder hose and toss it in the trash, open the new bottle, and hook it up to the feeder hose. Bada-boom-badda-bing.

Oh Ok. That makes more sence .

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The gas cap discussion prompted this topic.

For those of you who think this type of topic is trolling, don't play!:) For everyone else, what do you think?

"According to Vassallo, the engine compartment is designed to hold store-bought bottled water which the consumer can swap out as needed."

http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/Three-wheel-car-boasts-up-to-84mpg-for-6800-222620511.html
Not a bottle of water but a one gallon windshield cleaner jug. Buy the cleaner throw the old cap away install the car cap with suction tube. One of the many cost saving ideas going into the car.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not a bottle of water but a one gallon windshield cleaner jug. Buy the cleaner throw the old cap away install the car cap with suction tube. One of the many cost saving ideas going into the car.

One good thing aside from savings is that you don't have to worry about anyone putting water in your windshield washer fluid container.....just to see it freeze up. Have seen several people do that.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio does NOT have to have 84 mpgs, 5 star test and have a price of $6800. Elio Motors themselves have said they would like to have it at $6800. So if they can't hit 6800 or only hit 80 mpgs, they wont make it....not at all.

Also you should re-read my post about sometimes companies will eat some costs if it means more in sales.

You say "let's not act like we know".....you are acting like Elio is selling 250k or 500k cars. That is not fact either. I'm not acting like I know they cost $8 or $2. I was just throwing it out there as an example.

Yes, thousands in our generation are complete dumbasses. Have you noticed how bad kids 18-25 are with finances? I have. I worked in financial aid and most kids that go to college are F'd when they come out due to school loans. (oh yea and this is from a school in southern illinois). Also, very few people know how to run a business. The masses work for the few.
I thought I could resist from proving you wrong but I can't thanks to tech talk V23 bringing it back up. Here is proof of your lack of knowledge of Elio. You say Elio doesn't have to have ANY of the three things I mentioned. This is why you are wrong. Please see the mention of fuel efficiency being a MUST HAVE followed by the four (not three I was wrong on that one) MUST HAVES. And finally, this is why I don't "act like I know" when I truly know what they are saying.
Elio Tech Talk V23.JPG
Elio.JPG

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How have you proved me wrong? Because you quoted someone saying what their goal is? Most people are ambitious with an idea.

All I am saying is that they don't have to hit 84 mpgs, $6,800, 5 star.

That elio site you copied is called MARKETING!!!! If they only hit 81 mpgs, and it costs $7,000 how many people on this forum are going to pass on the car?....not one. They do not have to perfectly hit those marks. That is like a politician while campaigning saying I will do all these things....once they get in office they only do some of the things.

Do you really think that if Elio can only get the price down to $7k, he won't make it and sell it? Those "must haves" are really just goals. They can't say, "we hope to get these things". That would not instill confidence. Don't get me wrong. It is good to have these goals/"must haves". a company needs something to strive towards.

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
The last I heard was that a built in holder for a gallon of commercially available windshield washer was provided. Remove cap of washer fluid and use provided cap with hose . This supposedly eliminates manufacturing a plastic reservoir that lasts 10 years. just buy a gallon everytime you run out or use tap water if you are a cheapskate.
Even if it got 70MPG I would still buy it ,It's an improvement over 30MPG that I get with my crossover on the highway.

#3310 Ferrari red, automatic ,cruise control, rear view camera and a loud boat horn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom