• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport: March 6, 2016

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional engine bay pictures. I wonder if they are going to stick with the tube style intake and exhaust or if those were just for the prototype and we will see manifolds on the production models.

From what I see there looks to be enough room for a small turbo setup. Maybe not for an intercooler, but possibly room for one down low. So there is hope for a sportier Elio without having to do a remote turbo setup. Not looking for smoky burnouts, just to get the 0-60 times down closer to 6-7s range. Even if it cuts the gas mileage in half while having fun with the throttle, that is still better than almost any ICE commuter on the road.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are a couple more pics of the engine compartment.

P5 042.JPG
P5 044.JPG
P5 045.JPG

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional engine bay pictures. I wonder if they are going to stick with the tube style intake and exhaust or if those were just for the prototype and we will see manifolds on the production models.

From what I see there looks to be enough room for a small turbo setup. Maybe not for an intercooler, but possibly room for one down low. So there is hope for a sportier Elio without having to do a remote turbo setup. Not looking for smoky burnouts, just to get the 0-60 times down closer to 6-7s range. Even if it cuts the gas mileage in half while having fun with the throttle, that is still better than almost any ICE commuter on the road.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the production models sporting an injection molded plastic intake. Light, durable, and cheap to crank out once you've got the molds set up.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are a couple more pics of the engine compartment.

View attachment 8707 View attachment 8708 View attachment 8709

I am REALLY liking the looks of that little header. I've got a set of SVX conversion headers that I'm going to have Jetcoated (ceramic inside and out) and I'm tempted to hold off on having them done (no rush) and having all of them done at the same time. SVX is a flat-6, so all three are 3 in to 1 headers.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am REALLY liking the looks of that little header. I've got a set of SVX conversion headers that I'm going to have Jetcoated (ceramic inside and out) and I'm tempted to hold off on having them done (no rush) and having all of them done at the same time. SVX is a flat-6, so all three are 3 in to 1 headers.
Interesting idea.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score

What worries me about adding a turbo, is the extra heat generated from it. Seems to me you would need an upgraded radiator and possibly water pump? A picture is worth a thousand words. I have one of these cars that is turbo. Here are pictures of the same car, with the same 1.6L motor, only one is turbo. Bet I don't have to tell you which one!;)

VELOSTER NA.jpg
VELOSTER TURBO.jpg

Top Bottom