• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport: March 6, 2016

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It works for me so I guess there is a requirement for you to have a Facebook account. Sorry about that.

Or you may have to be a member of Elio Motors Owners Association.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
understandable .... in talking with folks we did learn that many traveled from good distances .... our decision to go was influenced by a couple of things that are important to us .... one, my wife was nice enough about it but really didn't like the claustrophobic feel she had in the back seat of the P4 .... we wanted to see just how much improvement they made in the design of the P5 .... if she felt the same way about the P5, that could have been a deal breaker for us .... glad to report, she felt much better about the sitting in the P5 .... as a side note, we saw one couple about our age walk up to a point 15+/- feet from the P5 where the lady said, "NO, I don't like it" .... he didn't look to happy but they turned around and walked off .... another thing I wanted to see was the Elgin dash in place .... its no secrete that I haven't cared for it from day one but I promised a member of EM that I'd reserve judgement until I saw it mounted in an Elio .... sitting in the P5 as well as looking in from both sides when we got close to it, I honestly tried to be objective .... bottom line for me, I still don't like the looks of it .... that won't stop of from buying an Elio but it will motivate me to one day replace it .... of lesser importance, I wanted to see how the exhaust cover looked and how the exhaust port related to the gasoline fill port .... thankfully those turned out to be non issues .... given what we learned, we feel much better about our decision to place an All In reservation ....
That makes perfect sense in helping to make a decision on the All-In and more importantly to get your wife's perspective. I noticed in most of the Elio couples photos posted the wife or girlfriend was in the front seat. LOL. The Elgin may become more acceptable after a few hundred actual miles behind the wheel. LOL LOL.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The pics I saw of the engine compartment have the battery removed, I suppose so it's not blocking the view of the engine. The battery cable shows that it's most likely mounted on the l/h rear corner of the engine compartment forward of the master cylinder reservoir [heh, heh...I wrote "driver's side" and had to correct myself :D].

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A small comment from someone who prepped trade shows for a lot of oilfield clients: It's true that technically-driven companies don't always want to spend money on literature, I've even had an executive tell me that if a delegate doesn't understand the obvious superiority of his product then, well, he doesn't deserve to own one. :shocked: But buyers aren't always engineers or car guys . . . You use simple handouts to jog the memory six months on, even those tossed aside at the hotel may attract someone else's attention. Use the opportunity to keep the brand (and the contact info) in front of your prospect.

Measured against the enormous costs of showing your product at a convention, fair, or community event, the cost of simple literature is tiny. You need to let your potential buyer take something home with him that will keep his curiosity up and remind him of his enthusiasm. You don't waste that initial impression, but turn it into a sale. It doesn't have to be much, a couple of color pictures and a brief summary - even if it's just a one-pager with a few highlights and the company website. You've already made a huge investment in public recognition, a few cents more will help remind your guest why he originally thought the Elio was such a great idea, and keep him connected to the company's progress.

The idea is to make every customer a potential salesperson: An enthusiastic owner is going to spread the word for you, so along with your ownership papers and manual, toss in a package of flyers for every new owner to pass on to the people who will be crowding around the car every time they park it. For very few dollars, you can put an army of dedicated salesmen to work for you.

AskTheMan1.jpg

In 1901 Packard set the advertising world on its ear with the cheeky statement, "Ask the man who owns one" . . . and established a luxury brand that became an American classic - with minimal advertising dollars. You don't have to spend a lot of money, you just have to be smart in how you use it.
I fully agree with you and this should be repeated constantly with many of these threads, and sent to Elio as I am going to do..

Last edited:
Top Bottom