• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport: March 6, 2016

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What worries me about adding a turbo, is the extra heat generated from it. Seems to me you would need an upgraded radiator and possibly water pump? A picture is worth a thousand words. I have one of these cars that is turbo. Here are pictures of the same car, with the same 1.6L motor, only one is turbo. Bet I don't have to tell you which one!;)

View attachment 8714 View attachment 8713

Nope, you definitely do not have to tell me which one is which ;) Mine was a 2012, before the turbo was available. Wish I had waited a year, LOL.

[Broken External Image]

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TRY .....SHARK ELIO....

I would call it a Fact!... Someone, Sometime is going to buy a Silver/White Elio and have a wrap made to look like a : Shark on the Road... it will be Great....

That is one of the reason's I am going to travel across the US. in the years to come, to go and see the many different Elio Rallies across this Nation... just sounds fun to me... or ( it could be just the low cost to travel across the US in my Elio)...

Not a big fan of car rallies, old cars customized, but at a Elio rally... that would be something NEW... because no one has ever had a Elio to customize before, so everything is going to be new look...

The basic Elio is like a blank canvas, which can be personalized and upgraded as you choose, and as Elio Motors grows, there will be a lot more options to choose from... different parts or upgrades for everyone... so over the years you could have many different Elio's as your tastes change or the tech changes...

I am really looking forward to the Elio Rallies, I hope Elio Motors will be active in sponsoring some of the rallies across the Nation...

This is going to be fun....

Proud to Be... member #2225Z of the Elio Nation... see ya on the road...

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would call it a Fact!... Someone, Sometime is going to buy a Silver/White Elio and have a wrap made to look like a : Shark on the Road... it will be Great....

That is one of the reason's I am going to travel across the US. in the years to come, to go and see the many different Elio Rallies across this Nation... just sounds fun to me... or ( it could be just the low cost to travel across the US in my Elio)...

Not a big fan of car rallies, old cars customized, but at a Elio rally... that would be something NEW... because no one has ever had a Elio to customize before, so everything is going to be new look...

The basic Elio is like a blank canvas, which can be personalized and upgraded as you choose, and as Elio Motors grows, there will be a lot more options to choose from... different parts or upgrades for everyone... so over the years you could have many different Elio's as your tastes change or the tech changes...

I am really looking forward to the Elio Rallies, I hope Elio Motors will be active in sponsoring some of the rallies across the Nation...

This is going to be fun....

Proud to Be... member #2225Z of the Elio Nation... see ya on the road...
You maybe interested in this...
Alaska, Canada, And USA Overland Journeys.
Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by Travelbuzz1, Jan 31, 2016.
..I returned to the USA as of April 27TH 2015 from traveling the world with 74 countries, and over 350 cities since March 1991. I purchased ( as in ALL IN ) the Elio in May of 2014 while I was in the country of Western Sahara just south of Morocco, Africa. I would like to find a group of people who would like to travel throughout the USA, Canada and the state of Alaska for 2017. Our first goal would be to visit Alaska by working up through Alberta, Canada to Alaska and then work our way down into British Columbia, Canada, and then eventually the upper northwest states. I had been a member of this organization in 2014, but they discontinued my membership citing that I was producing spam. When in fact I was inviting others to join me to travel 10 to 12 countries in Europe while they were waiting for their Elio. At this moment you can see how the Euro has dropped in valve and members have time on their hands now. Well, I hope to hear from some members / wannabes in the near future and I have added a link which you can view some of the countries I have traveled......https://www.flickr.com/photos/travelbuzz/sets

This is a trip of a lifetime for 2017.....go to http://www.northtoalaska.com/
Travel Insurance........... http://www.worldnomads.com/
Travel books.....http://www.lonelyplanet.com/
Savings at Good Sam Parks, Camping World and Pilot Flying J.. http://www.goodsamclub.com/
Camping, hostels, B&B's, and hotels...... http://www.hostelworld.com/

Last edited:

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You maybe interested in this...
Alaska, Canada, And USA Overland Journeys.
Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by Travelbuzz1, Jan 31, 2016.
..I returned to the USA as of April 27TH from traveling the world with 74 countries, and over 350 cities since March 1991. I purchased ( as in ALL IN ) the Elio in May of 2014 while I was in the country of Western Sahara just south of Morocco, Africa. I would like to find a group of people who would like to travel throughout the USA, Canada and the state of Alaska for 2017. Our first goal would be to visit Alaska by working up through Alberta, Canada to Alaska and then work our way down into British Columbia, Canada, and then eventually the upper northwest states. I had been a member of this organization in 2014, but they discontinued my membership citing that I was producing spam. When in fact I was inviting others to join me to travel 10 to 12 countries in Europe while they were waiting for their Elio. At this moment you can see how the Euro has dropped in valve and members have time on their hands now. Well, I hope to hear from some members / wannabes in the near future and I have added a link which you can view some of the countries I have traveled......https://www.flickr.com/photos/travelbuzz/sets

This is a trip of a lifetime for 2017.....go to http://www.northtoalaska.com/
Travel Insurance........... http://www.worldnomads.com/
Travel books.....http://www.lonelyplanet.com/
Savings at Good Sam Parks, Camping World and Pilot Flying J.. http://www.goodsamclub.com/
Camping, hostels, B&B's, and hotels...... http://www.hostelworld.com/

Thanks of that... But I am kind of a lone wolf... when I travel I don't want to say: This is Tuesday, So I must be in .....

I have the time and with my Elio I will have the travel costs low... I retired at 55, and took a lower income to be free to do what ever I want to do... so now the cost to travel does matter... and a Elio will help... I look forward to it...

Proud to Be.. member #2225Z in the Elio Nation... see ya on the road

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks of that... But I am kind of a lone wolf... when I travel I don't want to say: This is Tuesday, So I must be in .....

I have the time and with my Elio I will have the travel costs low... I retired at 55, and took a lower income to be free to do what ever I want to do... so now the cost to travel does matter... and a Elio will help... I look forward to it...

Proud to Be.. member #2225Z in the Elio Nation... see ya on the road
I have been traveling solo since the 1980's, we just may meet on the road at sometime.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A small comment from someone who prepped trade shows for a lot of oilfield clients: It's true that technically-driven companies don't always want to spend money on literature, I've even had an executive tell me that if a delegate doesn't understand the obvious superiority of his product then, well, he doesn't deserve to own one. :shocked: But buyers aren't always engineers or car guys . . . You use simple handouts to jog the memory six months on, even those tossed aside at the hotel may attract someone else's attention. Use the opportunity to keep the brand (and the contact info) in front of your prospect.

Measured against the enormous costs of showing your product at a convention, fair, or community event, the cost of simple literature is tiny. You need to let your potential buyer take something home with him that will keep his curiosity up and remind him of his enthusiasm. You don't waste that initial impression, but turn it into a sale. It doesn't have to be much, a couple of color pictures and a brief summary - even if it's just a one-pager with a few highlights and the company website. You've already made a huge investment in public recognition, a few cents more will help remind your guest why he originally thought the Elio was such a great idea, and keep him connected to the company's progress.

The idea is to make every customer a potential salesperson: An enthusiastic owner is going to spread the word for you, so along with your ownership papers and manual, toss in a package of flyers for every new owner to pass on to the people who will be crowding around the car every time they park it. For very few dollars, you can put an army of dedicated salesmen to work for you.

AskTheMan1.jpg

In 1901 Packard set the advertising world on its ear with the cheeky statement, "Ask the man who owns one" . . . and established a luxury brand that became an American classic - with minimal advertising dollars. You don't have to spend a lot of money, you just have to be smart in how you use it.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A small comment from someone who prepped trade shows for a lot of oilfield clients: It's true that technically-driven companies don't always want to spend money on literature, I've even had an executive tell me that if a delegate doesn't understand the obvious superiority of his product then, well, he doesn't deserve to own one. :shocked: But buyers aren't always engineers or car guys . . . You use simple handouts to jog the memory six months on, even those tossed aside at the hotel may attract someone else's attention. Use the opportunity to keep the brand (and the contact info) in front of your prospect.

Measured against the enormous costs of showing your product at a convention, fair, or community event, the cost of simple literature is tiny. You need to let your potential buyer take something home with him that will keep his curiosity up and remind him of his enthusiasm. You don't waste that initial impression, but turn it into a sale. It doesn't have to be much, a couple of color pictures and a brief summary - even if it's just a one-pager with a few highlights and the company website. You've already made a huge investment in public recognition, a few cents more will help remind your guest why he originally thought the Elio was such a great idea, and keep him connected to the company's progress.

The idea is to make every customer a potential salesperson: An enthusiastic owner is going to spread the word for you, so along with your ownership papers and manual, toss in a package of flyers for every new owner to pass on to the people who will be crowding around the car every time they park it. For very few dollars, you can put an army of dedicated salesmen to work for you.

AskTheMan1.jpg

In 1901 Packard set the advertising world on its ear with the cheeky statement, "Ask the man who owns one" . . . and established a luxury brand that became an American classic - with minimal advertising dollars. You don't have to spend a lot of money, you just have to be smart in how you use it.

Refrigerator magnet shaped like an Elio. Don't know what it is, but I can't bring myself to throw them away. :der:

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
sharks have to keep moving, so far, the Elio is stationary?
No, Sharks do not have to keep moving, take from a person who is a dive master and has dove in many oceans. The water current moves as the shark sits still as the water passes through its gills. You're not the only one with a remote!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, Sharks do not have to keep moving, take from a person who is a dive master and has dove in many oceans. The water current moves as the shark sits still as the water passes through its gills. You're not the only one with a remote!
thanks, while I got you here- do they roll over before they bite (another legend ?)

Top Bottom