• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Operations And Personnel Questions

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Caddo Parish lost 4,000+ possible jobs, meanwhile Toyota plans a big move to Texas
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 7:18 PM EDTUpdated: Apr 30, 2014 7:18 PM EDT
By Craig Sims - bio | email

3615510_G.jpg
SHREVEPORT, La. -
Just as suburban Dallas got great news that Toyota is moving its North American headquarters there, we got the bad news here that 4,000 jobs will not move to Shreveport. An unknown company was negotiating quietly with the State of Louisiana about incentive deals for months. It promised 4,500 jobs. That's led to speculation about the company, including that it could've been Toyota. Local leaders stress it wasn't a car company.
"It was not Toyota," John Escude, a Caddo Commissioner who heads the economic development committee, said. "It was not an automobile manufacturer period."
Escude heads the economic development committee. He says the Japanese manufacturer that showed interest in Shreveport produces air conditioning units, but he and others refuse to reveal the company's name, which has led to local speculation over whom it could be.
"The last thing that we need is the next company that is interested in maybe locating here to get the impression that the people that are trying to get these projects put together cannot keep their confidentiality agreements," Escude said. ."So, I'm not going there."
Elio Motors still plans to rent manufacturing space at the GM plant. Escude says other tenants will now be allowed to enter discussions on locating there in May. He says the building is one of a kind and will attract more interest.
"You have to realize, there are lots of huge shuttered plans and buildings scattered throughout this country," Escude said. "They're over 100 years old. this is a relatively new, modern facility with lots of real estate."
Escude says the Japanese manufacturer that turned Shreveport down, isn't keeping the great economic opportunity away because of a problem with the city.
"They came to us. They said make an offer," Escude said. "It took our shot. At the end of the day, there was nothing wrong with our offer. They were perfectly happy with it. They just didn't feel as if the business could survive the transition."
Texas worked out a huge incentive deal to get Toyota, which included around $40 million.
I keep hearing Elio plans to , then Elio claims they have, then I hear Elio plans to on and on .. I'd say we got about a 20% chance of getting an Elio..

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ooh! Interesting. What do you know that you're not sharing with the rest of us? :p
I know no-thing! I know no-thing! But I have observed the shirt color some times reflects the prototype color. Pure, 100% speculation guaranteed to get everyone's blood racing. LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or at least be able to buy one... Anyone know how to purchase the new t-shirt?
The Spring Fever went on sale a week or two ago. I don't know how long this one will be used before it goes on sale. If you sign up for up dates on the Elio Motors website you will be notified. They apparently only sell them to reservationists.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom