• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Tour

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am sure there will be thousands of us there to pick up autocycle we have put money down on in advance and will have waited a long time for so I believe they will want us all to have a good first experience with our new rides. I highly doubt they would charge us extra for the tour after we spent all that money and waited all that time.

I hope they would be nice enough to arrange a shuttle service to the factory from the local Airport/Train/Bus station even if we have to pay a little bit for the convenience. I have a buddy who is a private pilot and always looking for an excuse to fly so my ideal plan is to pay for his fuel and have him fly me out to Shreveport one morning where I will get a ride to the factory, take the tour, pick up the Elio and begin my journey home. Shreveport is about 600 miles straight down I-20 from Atlanta so I am torn between taking a long leisurely route home or taking the direct route and seeing if I really can make it over 600 miles on the highway with only eight gallons of gas.
Take a extra half gallon can with you.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a extra half gallon can with you.

Good idea but I can do it without fear of running out. What I would do is top off the fuel and reset the trip meter before hitting the road and then go until the fuel warning light comes on. At this point I can fill the tank again and the amount I put in will be equal to what I just used along the way. Divide my trip meter number by the amount of fuel I put in and I will know my average mpg and also how far I can go until the light comes on. With the help of mapping software you can also verify the mileage traveled which will tell you if your speedo is close to accurate or off by a decent margin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good idea but I can do it without fear of running out. What I would do is top off the fuel and reset the trip meter before hitting the road and then go until the fuel warning light comes on. At this point I can fill the tank again and the amount I put in will be equal to what I just used along the way. Divide my trip meter number by the amount of fuel I put in and I will know my average mpg and also how far I can go until the light comes on. With the help of mapping software you can also verify the mileage traveled which will tell you if your speedo is close to accurate or off by a decent margin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

With my 120 mile ride mine will only get to sniff the fumes. LOL

Top Bottom