• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Tour

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I might just do the factory tour too, It's only 200miles to home, only one question.. do we have to drive
"easy" on the Elio for the first 500 miles or so to break in the engine?

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the idea of taking the plant tour and watching each stage of my Elio #2225 being built. and then I am really looking forward to the Grand Adventure of me driving home... In a Autocycle, which less then 1% of the people in the United States or World has ever seen on the road before... sounds like a lot of fun.... Vegas will be fun to stop at in my New Elio...

see ya at the plant...:)
Hi your number is 2225 .. Do you remember the date you placed your order..I reserved mine a week or so ago..no number yet from Elio but would like to compare my order date to yours when I receive my number.. That will give me a good idea of how many people are going all in for the 1 k daily . weekly etc...

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi your number is 2225 .. Do you remember the date you placed your order..I reserved mine a week or so ago..no number yet from Elio but would like to compare my order date to yours when I receive my number.. That will give me a good idea of how many people are going all in for the 1 k daily . weekly etc...

Hey 3 Card,
I just e-mailed them last night. I ordered about a week ago, and they said it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the number to be sent to you.
Like waiting for the Elio, we must all be Zen-like. Woosaa, wooosaa. :-)

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey 3 Card,
I just e-mailed them last night. I ordered about a week ago, and they said it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the number to be sent to you.
Like waiting for the Elio, we must all be Zen-like. Woosaa, wooosaa. :)
oh ok, thanks I thought I read your post saying you got a number of 2225.. maybe is was some other person you were writing to..do you know who has that number?..2225?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have family in Shreveport so I'm going to combine a visit with the trip. I worked at the plant as an engineer back when they produced the S-10 and Hombre but I would love to see my Elio moving down the line!

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
oh ok, thanks I thought I read your post saying you got a number of 2225.. maybe is was some other person you were writing to..do you know who has that number?..2225?
Hi 3 Card,
This is Proud to be, I have production #2225... I first ordered in Nov 2013 with $100 down, got my T shirt, but no production number, then by Jan 1 2014, I had raised the other $900 and received #2225 by e-mail... I had just joined this group...
So Welcome to this group, I hope that answers your question... I have seen numbers over #3200, the new sets of production numbers should be coming out real soon, if you put the $1000 down you should get yours then...

Now we have to wait and see how many more changes they are going to make in P5, I read that at least two more small body changes will be made... I believe they are kind of fine tuning the front end for best drag and also they are making the back seat head area bigger, so people will not feel so enclosed and maybe a little bigger trunk...

" Proud to be " ... a soon to be Elio owner... I'm thinking Marshmallow with Sour Apple strips...

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi 3 Card,
This is Proud to be, I have production #2225... I first ordered in Nov 2013 with $100 down, got my T shirt, but no production number, then by Jan 1 2014, I had raised the other $900 and received #2225 by e-mail... I had just joined this group...
So Welcome to this group, I hope that answers your question... I have seen numbers over #3200, the new sets of production numbers should be coming out real soon, if you put the $1000 down you should get yours then...

Now we have to wait and see how many more changes they are going to make in P5, I read that at least two more small body changes will be made... I believe they are kind of fine tuning the front end for best drag and also they are making the back seat head area bigger, so people will not feel so enclosed and maybe a little bigger trunk...

" Proud to be " ... a soon to be Elio owner... I'm thinking Marshmallow with Sour Apple strips...
Thanks..You got your grand sent almost 2 months ahead of me .. march 27th is when they received mine..I'm guessing my number will be around 4000 ..I'll post it back to ya when it arrives..Haven't decided on color , original choice was silver but on the p4 the rocket silver seems to be a gray compared to the p3..Some of the changes Elio may be making kind of worry me like the head room in passenger seat..I liked the p3 best..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to watch as they build them. I also think they should have a full-out dealership at the plant. Drive in and buy one right there...hot off the presses. Maybe even place an order for a custom one and watch it all the way through.
Knowing the logistics that goes into the just-in-time production, they'd have to be building to stock at the time (not making pre-order) but they COULD have a video board in their dealership there with a schedule of builds. A customer could, for instance, look at the next couple of hours build, pick the one they want, and go watch it be assembled.
I would bet that there will only be 14 varieties being built-in 7 colors in either manual transmission or automatic. Each dealership would have on hand the radios, door sills, etc. to allow for customization. You could watch, say, a manual creamsicle being built, be there as the "plant dealership" guys took it to their shop and put on your fenders, door sills, and radio. Then, you could drive it home happy in the knowledge that you got to watch your baby being built.

Here's another, similar idea- they could make the Vin obvious on each car as it goes along the line and have a web camera type of thing where you could remotely watch your car being put together... maybe a sign goes on the car dolly that says, for instance, "J. Smith's new Elio". You could watch the live feed from several cameras numbered sequentially so you could switch cameras as your car leaves each field of view. In a sidebar would be an overhead graphic that shows where in the process your car is.

People who couldn't make the trip could sit at home and watch with excitement... probably not getting much else done that day. "Honey, bring me a sandwich, they are attaching the door now!... come on.. hurry up, Elio, I have to pee!"

Yup. This needs to happen.

Top Bottom