• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Times Caddo Commissioner Working On Contract For Elio Partner Shreveport Times One Cadd

Status
Not open for further replies.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, you're being a Wayne, and only reading what you want to see. I didn't say people who couldn't afford a car, I said "new car". Meaning the income level who drive around in gas gusseling clunkers. But feel free to "Wayne up" my comments to suit your responses.

wayne kemp said:
If his vision was for people who never could afford a car then he's already lost the battle.
.....Paul knows you don't make big money or produce a car off poor people.

Wayne, you truly are living in your own little world.
Paul's "vision" IS for people who could never afford a car! And, YES!...Paul "knows you don't make BIG MONEY off of poor people. That is why he plans to only make a "reasonable profit" off poor people.
I can see how doing nice things for the "less fortunate" doesn't make good business sense. But, (IMHO) It makes him "rich beyond compare."

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of Elio sales will be to people who already have a car, can afford a new car and those that some think can't afford a new car that would be mostly the married family people and they need more than an Elio for transportation. You do see that MOST on here are 35 and older. Got a job and already have purchased several cars.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of Elio sales will be to people who already have a car, can afford a new car and those that some think can't afford a new car that would be mostly the married family people and they need more than an Elio for transportation. You do see that MOST on here are 35 and older. Got a job and already have purchased several cars.

You are restating the same old stuff. So, I will not repost my previous post, maybe you will read it this time.
What has happened in the preproduction period doesn't reflect what may (or as you would say Will) happen after production starts and sales centers are open. Don't tell my about all your experience, because what Elio is doing has never happened before now.
So, here is my post again....try reading it as you

Your point about those with a thousand dollars in are probably not in bad financial straights is probably valid..
Mr. Elio is planning hundreds of thousands of these cars, many many of those will go to people very much like he described.
The 36+K people currently entertaining ourselves here is much to small a sample to question the sincerity of his vision.

As in most things, the poorer folks don't get pushed to the front of the line. The battle for them has not been lost, it simply hasn't begun yet.
Try to see the big picture.
Those who only see the world from their point of view, only see things one way.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
let me get this straight .... Caddo Parrish Commissioner John Escude openly works for Comau .... local news reports make no charges of impropriety .... the Parrish has no rules against him working for Comau .... some folks here are concerned and making accusations but I can't find documentation of anyone down there or reports from the opposition political party expressing concern ....interesting, very interesting

Jim

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are restating the same old stuff. So, I will not repost my previous post, maybe you will read it this time.
What has happened in the preproduction period doesn't reflect what may (or as you would say Will) happen after production starts and sales centers are open. Don't tell my about all your experience, because what Elio is doing has never happened before now.
So, here is my post again....try reading it as you

Your point about those with a thousand dollars in are probably not in bad financial straights is probably valid..
Mr. Elio is planning hundreds of thousands of these cars, many many of those will go to people very much like he described.
The 36+K people currently entertaining ourselves here is much to small a sample to question the sincerity of his vision.

As in most things, the poorer folks don't get pushed to the front of the line. The battle for them has not been lost, it simply hasn't begun yet.
Try to see the big picture.
Those who only see the world from their point of view, only see things one way.
Congats Jay, You've been Wayned. Nice try though.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, you're being a Wayne, and only reading what you want to see. I didn't say people who couldn't afford a car, I said "new car". Meaning the income level who drive around in gas gusseling clunkers. But feel free to "Wayne up" my comments to suit your responses.

Wayne,

First, median U.S. house income in 2014 is reported to be $53k. So, 50% of all families haul in less than $53k. Second, the average price of a new car in 2013 according to Kelly Blue Book was $33k.

Now, while I hesitate to involve myself in the affairs of others, I really don't see where you are going with your comments about how Paul's strategy will fail if he makes a vehicle whose payment would be $150.28 on a 5 year loan at 7.5% APR (assuming total purchase price of $7500 to factor in financing to tax, title, and registration, credit score below 650 http://www.chemungcanal.com/home/personal/loans/auto/rates)?

There are a boatload (heck, a shipload - a whole convoy - supertankers worth) of people who (1) commute; (2) drive a used vehicle; (3) have $150 a month rolling around; (4) count pennies and hate spending money on gas. I was in the grocery store the other day and a guy who I had seen getting out of a vehicle that probably cost $10k was bitching about how the price of bread had gone up $0.10. Everyone has pride and those of lesser means want exactly the same stuff those of greater means do: a chicken in the pot, a working fridge, and their plot of land. In SoCal, these folks tend to drive extremely long distances because proximity to coasts and short commutes translate to housing prices well into the 7 digits.

You, sir, are an idiot if you are drawing the conclusion that this forum is representative of any group other than folks with time on their hands. People of tight means are for the most part working two jobs just to afford gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom