• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Some Engine Info From The Facebook Page For Elio.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not true! switching from a normal to synthetic a can of motor flush is needed i have a friend who just switched in his escalade and it coagulated and ruined his motor!
( i have logged 500,000 miles with 2 diesel pickups with no major engine problems at work @ 5000 intervals! One cummins and one Powerstroke! Although my personal duramax only goes 3000 per service all on regular oil)
Have you ever heard of a synthetic blend? It is a blend of synthetic and conventional oil. Just sayin'
I don't know what your buddy did but the little amount of oil left after a normal drain will mix with the synthetic just fine.
I have to agree.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's your money to throw away but that's all your doing you're not making the engine last longer by throwing away perfectly good oil.
Actually it was dealer who changed from normal to synthetic(he requested royal purple) and ruined his engine they also changed entire motor for free it coagulated in pickup tube secondly all my oil is burned in a shop heater,( so whatever money is "thrown away" is used for heat, and last but not least it is a dream sickle until its parked in my garage! I have worked in the oil industry for 10+ years and know my shit! lets see whos motor lasts longer mine who is changed at 3000? or yours who is changed at 12000 you can have synthetic i will stick to traditional. sorry if this comes across negative i just believe in 3000 mile interval lets keep track! Hope you win with your synthetic @ 12000 mile interval so i can save a few bucks!!, but i dont see it happening. Just my opionion. I also like the idea of synthetic blend you get the slickness for mileage and the traditonal benefits, although i am sticking to tradional.

Last edited:

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually it was dealer who changed from normal to synthetic(he requested royal purple) and ruined his engine they also changed entire motor for free it coagulated in pickup tube secondly all my oil is burned in a shop heater,( so whatever money is "thrown away" is used for heat, and last but not least it is a dream sickle until its parked in my garage! I have worked in the oil industry for 10+ years and know my shit! lets see whos motor lasts longer mine who is changed at 3000? or yours who is changed at 12000 you can have synthetic i will stick to traditional. sorry if this comes across negative i just believe in 3000 mile interval lets keep track! Hope you win with your synthetic @ 12000 mile interval so i can save a few bucks!!, but i dont see it happening.
I've been in the industry for years as well as well as having had training direct from Royal Purple. If the dealer changed it for free they screwed something up and then lied about the cause to cover up the fact that they screwed it up. If the damage came from doing the work your buddy wanted they would have laid the blame and the bill on him.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If switching to synthetic....i would get motor really hot and drain every last drop out it is formulated to last longer just doesn't mix well with traditional oil, it is also slicker so you may get better mileage.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually it was dealer who changed from normal to synthetic(he requested royal purple) and ruined his engine they also changed entire motor for free it coagulated in pickup tube secondly all my oil is burned in a shop heater,( so whatever money is "thrown away" is used for heat, and last but not least it is a dream sickle until its parked in my garage! I have worked in the oil industry for 10+ years and know my shit! lets see whos motor lasts longer mine who is changed at 3000? or yours who is changed at 12000 you can have synthetic i will stick to traditional. sorry if this comes across negative i just believe in 3000 mile interval lets keep track! Hope you win with your synthetic @ 12000 mile interval so i can save a few bucks!!, but i dont see it happening. Just my opionion. I also lime the idea of synthetic blend you get the slickness for mileage and the traditonal benefits, although i am sticking to tradional.
So you're taking good oil out of your engine and burning it. It would still burn the same if you didn't change it too early. If you really know your s..... stuff you'd know about oil analysis and you wouldn't rely on old wives tales to make your maintenance decisions.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Royal Purple said:
No special procedures are necessary when upgrading to Royal Purple. Royal Purple recommends waiting until the manufacturer’s first scheduled oil change in new gasoline and diesel engines before upgrading to Royal Purple.

Royal Purple motor oil is compatible with synthetic and conventional motor oils.
Compatible as in you could mix it 50/50 and it still isn't going to damage your engine. Most oil companies sell blended synthetics for people who don't want to pay for a full synthetic.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt say oil that is black as tar is "good oil" it may have be okay as far as oil analaysis but is definitely not as good as new oil......

Top Bottom