• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something’s Gotta Give.....

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked Elio a question this morning and got a response already. That's good. My question was: Are you going to display the Elio at the Detroit show in January of 2018? Here's their response:
Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Dec 20, 12:54 EST

Hello!
Thanks for reaching out.
As you can imagine, the vehicles we take on tour are in huge demand. So, we don't set our schedule out too far in advance, so the best way to stay in the loop is to sign up for updates on our website and to "like" us on Facebook.
Also, find below a link that shows where we are headed next:
http://www.eliomotors.com/find-us/#events
Thanks again and let us know if we can help with anything!

Best,
The Elio Team

Looking at the above events website, there are no current plans for any display or tour. Really? Perhaps I will never understand marketing. In this case the marketing is to the financial people. If you are not interested in trying to sell it, why should they invest?
If reservations were not stalled at about 65,000 perhaps they would be more interested?

I'm also interested in what "huge demand" are they satisfying?
Who said reservations are stalled @ 65k...no further updates will be given on a ridiculous counter...my other startup baby...XTI Trifan 600...does reservation updates only every several months. Better impact. Other metrics show the interest such as utube views.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whats all this hate on the "Younger" generations?? I am 32 years old, and have been a reservation holder for several years now.
I love the idea and use of the Elio, and wish I had one in my garage. I have a wife and child, a home, and many of the things you mention..but still very much look forward to owning an Elio. I own a truck for hauling when I need it, a Ford Fusion Hybrid for my daily driver, and my wife owns a Mini Countryman. The plan is to sell the Fusion when my Elio arrives, and have our Truck/Countryman/Elio for our driving needs to work and entertainment.

Hey, I'm 34. That's the problem with broad generalizations, there is always going to be a certain amount of error.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is wrong with their CEO? Not arguing, just curious.
He made a comment about people that want air conditioning in a Solo just don't get it. Telling people what they should want, came off as a bit arrogant. When Rick made his reservation, air conditioning was an option. Kroll determined that it is not needed. Vancouver has a temperate climate so it might not be too bad. For 90% of North America I think that it is needed.

Sega

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man, with your clairvoyance, I'll bet you are pretty wealthy!

I've been saying for quite a while to short Elio (if you can). I'm not wealthy, but this stock has nothing going for it. You don't really have to be a genius to see that. There is no support, no profit, horrible financials, no product, etc.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been saying for quite a while to short Elio (if you can). I'm not wealthy, but this stock has nothing going for it. You don't really have to be a genius to see that. There is no support, no profit, horrible financials, no product, etc.
The winding path to ELIO wealth is very LONG not SHORT with a few:bump:s along the way... :car:

Last edited:

Sega

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think one thing with younger ppl (I'm one of them) is that very few drive things when they are younger.

I grew up around dirtbikes, gokart etc and so did my friends. We like ICE vehicles, but it depends on your area. We live in rural areas. No way in hell do I want to run out of battery.

It is true that lots of younger ppl like electric cars, but don't get it twisted that most young ppl like them. Some absolutely do. I'm in college again for my second degree and ppl act like Elon Musk is a God. At the same time, I do think there is a correction to where lots of ppl just want basic things.

Where electric cars would kill it is if they had a big SUV that could go 300-400 miles. Lots of girls my age are worried about the environment....only to a point though. They will preach it on other ppl, but if they have 1 or 2 kids, they go out and buy the biggest SUV because they need room for all their junk. They could do the same thing with a sedan that gets twice the mileage.
If there was a big SUV that could do that at a reasonable price, then they would go crazy and buy them.

Another thing that some younger ppl don't understand is when something is "free" to them it doesn't mean it is free to society. On campus there are "free" charging stations.

Another thing that doesn't tickle my fancy is that everyone hates big corporations, utility companies, oil, etc. So when we have all electric cars, won't that give more power to the electric cars?!

With kids not wanting their license when 16, I've seen this a lot. that usually has to do with wear they grew up and if they drove things before. I couldn't get my license soon enough when I turned 16. I think it also has to do with independence. Parents now baby their kids so damn much it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom