• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something’s Gotta Give.....

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kind of like how long it took Paul to drag his feet in getting rid of the Elgin dash in the face of the overwhelming market reaction to it?
I never even realized the whole Elgin instrument cluster thing until they mentioned that it'll become an option in the future. On the other hand, this is why Elio needs to go all digital on the cluster because it's cheaper and then they can charge a premium for an Elgin upgrade.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The target demographic was an old sucker like me.
Who is the target is a different thing from who actually made reservations now.

It's just that the 'real target' is very unlikely to shell out money in this part of the cycle.
Just to make it clear, Elio Motors and others have done the research, and the eventual target buyers are definitely there, but the bulk of them only after the Elio's in production.

I'm certainly not the typical buyer at that point. (music quote: "I'm special, so special.....gotta have some...")

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whats all this hate on the "Younger" generations?? I am 32 years old, and have been a reservation holder for several years now.
I love the idea and use of the Elio, and wish I had one in my garage. I have a wife and child, a home, and many of the things you mention..but still very much look forward to owning an Elio. I own a truck for hauling when I need it, a Ford Fusion Hybrid for my daily driver, and my wife owns a Mini Countryman. The plan is to sell the Fusion when my Elio arrives, and have our Truck/Countryman/Elio for our driving needs to work and entertainment.
Yes, you are dead center of the largest 'target market'. The other next market being single people trying to get their lives up and running, be it for schooling or employment considerations.

All the one's like you that I have talked with face-to-face, absolutely want one, but would not lay money on it at this point.

OK, back to work... extremely busy these days....

DLAllen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It's inconceivable to me that any reservationist would consider sending EM another dime after the successful $16 Million Reg A+ funding round wasn't used for it's stated specific purpose, "$12 Million needed to complete and test the 25 prototypes, a process that will take 4-6 months."

View attachment 22250
What's the term for throwing good money after bad in an attempt to recover previously lost money? Back in 2010 Chip Stempeck said I would be test driving the Elio soon and I'm still waiting 7 years later. However, If you think it will help get me into the Elio drivers seat, Knock yourself out, it's your money.
Yah, Chip has lied to me 3 times about a $10 dollar T shirt ( 2 face to face at pop up showings) - 10 months and still no shirt. I’m not betting the farm on an actual car now!

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yah, Chip has lied to me 3 times about a $10 dollar T shirt ( 2 face to face at pop up showings) - 10 months and still no shirt. I’m not betting the farm on an actual car now!

That’s funny (the sad type of funny, tho). It has always been my contention that the early (25 buck!) Tee Shirt ‘promotions’ were harbingers of future failure by making bad decisions. Chip should have (been able to, too) GIVE you three free promotional Tee shirts, or mail them, pronto. We might can over look many millions of dollars raised for milestones never met and question where even that money went, but it comes back to just giving out free (and even one color, on white!) Tee Shirts to promote your own new product!! Even more so to people interested enough to attend, the mostly poorly advertised, ‘pop up events!’

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever contacted them about the shirt? I suggest that you contact EM and tell them what went on, and you'll get the shirt.
Better then complaining, and harping about it.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas....

It's a poor state of affairs when all we have to talk about on this forum is Tee shirts. I don't blame you guys, I blame the people at Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever contacted them about the shirt? I suggest that you contact EM and tell them what went on, and you'll get the shirt.
Better then complaining, and harping about it.
Harping? :) Chip Stempeck is as close to 'them' and Paul Elio as you get. Chip is groundfloor startup marketing director of Hello Elio back in 2007-08 to present. If he can't deliver a promised T-shirt after a face to face request nobody can.........with the exception of Paul Elio. Chip should have given DLAllen the shirt off his back during one of the two face to face pop-up meetings. Little things matter in the big picture.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Harping? :) Chip Stempeck is as close to 'them' and Paul Elio as you get. Chip is groundfloor startup marketing director of Hello Elio back in 2007-08. If he can't deliver a promised T-shirt after a face to face request nobody can.........with the exception of Paul Elio. Chip should have given DLAllen the shirt off his back during one of the two face to face pop-up meetings. Little things matter in the big picture.
Elio and Kroll need to learn that small things can matter a lot. Sometimes the smallest gestures are the most important ones if they are sincere.

Top Bottom