• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Somewhat Tough Questions...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I well remember saying harsh things about automotive designers (don't know it they were engineers or not) that designed vehicles where it almost required pulling the motor to change the spark plugs .... or placing a motor in a van in a compartment where you just can't get to most anything to work on it .... my firm belief is the
censored.gif
designer should be made to work on every one of them .... its good to see the reports above of designers collaborating with folks who have to work on them

Jim

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I well remember saying harsh things about automotive designers (don't know it they were engineers or not) that designed vehicles where it almost required pulling the motor to change the spark plugs .... or placing a motor in a van in a compartment where you just can't get to most anything to work on it .... my firm belief is the
censored.gif
designer should be made to work on every one of them .... its good to see the reports above of designers collaborating with folks who have to work on them

Jim
My mother's Taurus was that way. There was one spark plug we never did change, because we could never figure out how to get to it with only 2" clearance in the engine compartment...

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, everyone knows that it is the engineers that are clueless. :)
I'm joking (sort of), of course, and not intended as a slight against any individual engineer (some of my closest friends are engineers in various disciplines), but in my experience, engineers do tend to forget that what is possible on paper isn't always feasibile in reality.
And then of course, there are emails like this:

Remember the requirements dictate requirements and those requirements state what is required. Also, it is important to remember that the requirements are required.

Edited to accept my well deserved lump of coal.

I will convert this lump of coal to synthetic fuel oil by Fisher-Tropsch process and run my Elio in its first tank of fuel.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, everyone knows that it is the engineers that are clueless. :)
I'm joking (sort of), of course, and not intended as a slight against any individual engineer (some of my closest friends are engineers in various disciplines), but in my experience, engineers do tend to forget that what is possible on paper isn't always feasibile in reality.
And then of course, there are emails like this:

Remember the requirements dictate requirements and those requirements state what is required. Also, it is important to remember that the requirements are required.
Did you know that by using nine pregnant women, you can come up with a baby in one month?

Of course it is true. The math says so! Silly boy.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, broke my own rule (thinking that 3rd beer had a hand in it :rolleyes:, I'm off the rest of the week, and they were calling my name). PistonBoy and I are 'cool' as far as I know. Have really enjoyed his input to the forum. Definitely a sharp guy. (Kissing and making up...Metaphorically speaking ;)).
"Kissing and making up"?

OMG

I must really be desperate these days!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the joke, you might be a physicist if... you assume a horse is a sphere to make the math easier!
I always find amusing the people who think you can tear down a power plant, cover the same land area with solar panels and product the same power, even at night. It reminds me of the phrase.

"Nothing is impossible to those who don't have to do it."

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This thread made me remember my dad, he was an engineer and I was a knucklebuster (Aircraft Mechanic) and we would get so frustrated as we did tasks together. He would want everything planned out with the exact procedure set in stone and detailed plans, where I would backyard engineer it on the fly, he would smirk when step 5 had to be redone because I winged step 5, but ultimately we would get the job done, with me getting frustrated in the planning stage and he during the process, but bottom line, it took both of us to get it done right.....

It is more fun when everyone in the sandbox is playing nice.....
especially the cat in the sandbox

Top Bottom