• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
upload_2017-8-8_1-11-8.jpeg

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Um,
I do not know the impact or effect of the unslung weight. Why doesn't a low pressure wider rear footprint address all issues:? more traction, more skid resistance, less bump impact on unslung weight, less effect of added passengers. I am really amazed by what I don't know.:D

Um, its "unsprung" weight. You can find videos of the effects of unsprung weight. A wider tire is more expensive compared to what they plan on using. But when you lift on hydroplaning, it doesnt matter how wide the tire is. The whole thing is off the ground. You could say a skinny tire is harder to hydroplane. But a skinny tire transmits less torque to the ground. So its a complicated issue all around when you use a single rear torque tire. They will HAVE to invent a very smart traction control to get anywhere with single rear torque tire. Or spend more money per car to buy somebody elses.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Early on SONDORs engineers stated they were engineering the vehicle to eliminate the issue of unsprung weight from a single in hub rear wheel drive motor. It will be interesting to see if they accomplished their goal on the first test track videos.
IMG_8275.JPG

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeaaaaa... I would guess it's y*llow based on Rick's de-colorized image...
But RU would be the true authority on the color which will not be named.

Top Bottom