• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it just me or did my E just go up in price ?!

My 1st configuration had carpeting as standard......

Now it's a $78 option !!! :rolleyes:
I think that was just a bug in the program that they fixed. The carpet wasn't supposed to be there on base model at any point, but the configurator was showing one.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it just me or did my E just go up in price ?!

My 1st configuration had carpeting as standard......

Now it's a $78 option !!! :rolleyes:

There appears to be quite a bit of interest in a CIWS option. Should they make CIWS a standard feature, they'll need to cut something from the list to stay in budget. And while there are plenty of offensive carpets, there are few offensive carpet weapons.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still don't see a glass roof or sunroof option. That has me worried. I put a deposit on this vehicle under the notion it would have a sunroof or glass roof.
Look at the frame design and you will see why sunroofs are not feasible. In addition they add weight. Keeping weight down is key to good city mileage.

Sorry you are disappointed. Doing some homework would have avoided that. I hope the amazing features the car DOES have will make you happier with your choice.

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe it went slightly off topic. A CIWS [Close-In Weapon System] are like phalanx cannons on ships. This is an assumption on my part coming from the "carpet weapons" remark.

I would definitely be interested in a phalanx cannon option along with surface to idiot missiles.
(As an avid motorcyclist, I often wish for either or both.)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Had to Google it.... and I should know better
Close In Weapons System (we're just being silly at this point)
Then again, I had to Google the difference between a Sun Roof and a Moon Roof.
When I was installing them, customers would refer to them as a Sunroof was a Pop-Top glass unit <avg. price $225 to $595> ; Moonroof were the ones that dropped down and slid into the roof <avg. price $1,200+> this was back in the late 70's, all through the 80's and the beginning of the 90's.
But according to Wiki, the Sunroof was a solid panel, that would drop down, and slid into the roof; Moonroof was glass.
We did some of the solid panel units in the late 70's and beginning of the 80's, didn't do them after that (no demand, plus they were a LOT of work).

Going back to Wiki, here's their list of Sunroof Types and they have a bunch; including the new (not really but everyone thinks they are) Panoramic Roofs.

Top Bottom