• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Possibly a different seat, and the mark-up (20%?) on add-ons EM mentioned somewhere.

My only "issue" with EM is that by the time I get my Elio I will have had too much time to think about all the goodies I want (not need). I log around 650 hours a year commuting and that heated leather seat is starting to make my "want" list....maybe the stereo upgrade too...definitely the TPMS and tinted windows...etc...:rolleyes:
I live in WI, so a heated seat would be nice. I've never had one, but I'm sure it would be nice when it is <15F.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they are using Mustang seats (which the heated 6 way seat is only $550 in the Mustang), why is the Elio $750?!

Argh... I was trying to use the Ford site to confirm your $550 figure but it continues to resist my authority. What I kept running into was that you got cloth or leather. After going through 6 configurations I was unable to see any upgrade from cloth to leather. Instead, I found that you kept going up the models until you were in an expensive enough configuration that leather came standard but you could upgrade to a premium leather for numbers close to what you quote.

When I was looking for leather kit covers I found that the kits were all more than the $550 you found. It may be that through economies of scale that Ford can get leather seats for significantly less than EM can buy them. Alternatively, they may just be hiding the cost in the rest of the vehicle.

All in all, I don't believe EM is really that far out of line in the price they floated in the survey.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Argh... I was trying to use the Ford site to confirm your $550 figure but it continues to resist my authority. What I kept running into was that you got cloth or leather. After going through 6 configurations I was unable to see any upgrade from cloth to leather. Instead, I found that you kept going up the models until you were in an expensive enough configuration that leather came standard but you could upgrade to a premium leather for numbers close to what you quote.

When I was looking for leather kit covers I found that the kits were all more than the $550 you found. It may be that through economies of scale that Ford can get leather seats for significantly less than EM can buy them. Alternatively, they may just be hiding the cost in the rest of the vehicle.

All in all, I don't believe EM is really that far out of line in the price they floated in the survey.
I was on Ford's site just now and it doesn't appear it is in there. It was there for the '12 models...

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the $650 leather seat, $750 leather with heat, and $850 for 6-way leather heat and powered seats as identified in the survey.

I was doing a bit of research as to what it might cost to get a leather cover to make my own leather seat from the stock fabric seat and it doesn't look to me that it would be any cheaper to do it that way. Lots of kits seem to come in at about that price for the leather alone. Is there something I'm missing?

I also got to wondering about the ongoing discussions of how EM might handle shipping seats between the factory and the prep centers and I realized that if all they did at the prep centers was re-cover the seat with leather there wouldn't be any need to ship seats back to the factory.
Sheepskin for both warmth and coolth (ok, an invented word!). We put them over the all leather captain chairs in our fleet of two '93 Eddie Bauer Ford Aerostar vans when we operated them in passenger motor carrier service. Pax loved them, summer or winter. They were custom fitted to each chair and waaay less expensive than the quoted option price and better than leather.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If someone at EM is lurking on here it doesn't mean they are listening and acting on what they read here, like the dash issue. OR it's been decided and they are ignoring the issue because it is what it is and that's it. Like the dash issue.
The dash issue hasn't been totally ignored. There have been changes to the cowl, font size, indicator needle, and some other details that make is a bit safer and more user-friendly. But that basic design is a fact of life ... until Coss gets his alternative together!

Top Bottom