• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Are there any driver seat options being offered?
There will be.
The Configurator that is online now is just for people to get the hang of it; it's already changed a couple of times, expect more to come.
They are judging the appeal of some of the options to see if they will keep them, or drop them and look for something else.
So do use it as many times as you like; you're not ordering anything; pretty much just voting on the items you like.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I keep pretty well informed on all things Elio as many of you know. You also probably know I'm not afraid to spray a bunch of words onto the forum... But, I have a question that I'm sure has been asked and answered already but I can't find it. It's really quite simple and came to me while reading about the Solo from Meccanica....

The Solo has a two-speed windshield wiper motor. They actually mention it on their home page. Elio doesn't even mention the wiper. Now, I've heard Paul say it's included in the car and I know they won't list EVERYTHING the the Elio comes with (Now with door handle) but, will the wiper be variable speed? How about a wiper delay? (May as well delay the wiper... everything else is delayed... :rolleyes:) Seriously... Will the wiper be multi-speed? My feeling is that it'll be an off-the-shelf unit and I'm sure all of them are multi-speed but if that were the case, why didn't they use one of those for the Solo? See? Now, you are wondering too.

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never understood why the industry has kept with the 2 constant speeds. I can vary the rate upto low, and then just high on my current vehicles. Why not just let it be variable from bottom to top? Low and high are hardly ever the "right" speed for my liking. I like to set it so that it wipes right before my vision is impaired.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what the delay timer is for. The actual wiper speed shouldn't matter until it's raining so hard that your vision is impeded before it can make a single wipe across the windshield one way.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never understood why the industry has kept with the 2 constant speeds. I can vary the rate upto low, and then just high on my current vehicles. Why not just let it be variable from bottom to top? Low and high are hardly ever the "right" speed for my liking. I like to set it so that it wipes right before my vision is impaired.
Mine has three after the delays. My dad's '84 Camaro had a thing where you pressed to wipe the window once... then again when it needed it and the car would maintain that interval. It was equally neat and irritating.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It needs a small transducer connected to the windshield that vibrates the glass at about 30khz. Much like many military airplanes do, with the vibrating nothing will stay on the glass and there is nothing to block your vision. I know McLaren was working on system like this so they could do away with the wipers.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It needs a small transducer connected to the windshield that vibrates the glass at about 30khz. Much like many military airplanes do, with the vibrating nothing will stay on the glass and there is nothing to block your vision. I know McLaren was working on system like this so they could do away with the wipers.
I wonder if it works on bird crap. I live close to a big berry farm.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how it is on bugs? I did a trip to Spokane, and driving through the Medical Lake area hit just a cloud of bugs.
I went to the car wash when I got to town and they sent me through twice because of how thick the layer of bugs were.

Top Bottom