• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

MagicDragon

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. It is a 7K Autocycle. I do not really see the need for a 70K sports car fancy dash. It could be fun having a KM Odometer too. 100,000km = 62,137mi
32dba844e68726a3413eb99e6d356470.jpg

I agree. I remember when I took a 1984 Corvette for a test drive. I disliked the "Atari" so much I did not buy the car. I ordered an IROC Camaro and waited 8 months for it to arrive. My 1995 Corvette has a digital speedometer and I still prefer round tachometer and speedo gauges. That's why there is a good selection in the after market such as Dakota and Autometer.
Mike B.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
32dba844e68726a3413eb99e6d356470.jpg

I agree. I remember when I took a 1984 Corvette for a test drive. I disliked the "Atari" so much I did not buy the car. I ordered an IROC Camaro and waited 8 months for it to arrive. My 1995 Corvette has a digital speedometer and I still prefer round tachometer and speedo gauges. That's why there is a good selection in the after market such as Dakota and Autometer.
Mike B.
Go back and look at post #1615
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/standard-equipment-and-options.6721/page-162#post-168808

I've already done all the research for what will work in the dash.
The area you have to work with is 9" x 4"
The gauges that are in there are the size that will fit (3 3/8")
The only thing I don't have is the output signal from the speedo, Tach (through the system CAN, or cable) and the gas gauge (ohm).
I spent months finding out a lot of information on it because is will be a while before you can go to an aftermarket place and say "I'd like to order some gauges for an Elio"

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You read me correctly. The Red panel is right at 7 3/32" by 2", I believe. We need a member to put an actual tape measure there... Or better yet, I'll just ask Elio.
I asked:
ElioOwners.com is our forum and a question has come up about the radio spot in the dash. We believe it to be a single DIN spot with color coordinated spacers to accommodate the pill sized MTX Audio radio. IF it is, in fact, a single DIN, the measurement would be roughly 7 3/32" x 2" since that is the US standard for a DIN radio. The question is "what is the available depth for a radio? There are several do-it-yourselfers on our forum and I like to provide correct information rather than a best guess. Please help me provide the information...
Their answer, albeit brief and not much to it:\

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please stay tuned for more details through our newsletter and website about the depth and size of the radio!

Thanks,

Elio Team

It seems our questions could be answered pretty soon. No sense guessing any more.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked:
ElioOwners.com is our forum and a question has come up about the radio spot in the dash. We believe it to be a single DIN spot with color coordinated spacers to accommodate the pill sized MTX Audio radio. IF it is, in fact, a single DIN, the measurement would be roughly 7 3/32" x 2" since that is the US standard for a DIN radio. The question is "what is the available depth for a radio? There are several do-it-yourselfers on our forum and I like to provide correct information rather than a best guess. Please help me provide the information...
Their answer, albeit brief and not much to it:\

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please stay tuned for more details through our newsletter and website about the depth and size of the radio!

Thanks,

Elio Team

It seems our questions could be answered pretty soon. No sense guessing any more.

Kind of sounds like a 'robo-reply'. :suspicious:

Top Bottom