• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Either that, or they'll be selling things to you.
Oh Lordy, I think you have hit it. If they could get a really good 'Hot Bot' operational, surely the automakers will use them in car shows. I can't think of a easier first task for them. Really it's no different than dancing robots. Eventually the actions of the second version below will be met.
Opps is this off topic?... K, I mean ahmm everyone can option in for a Hot Bot as a passenger HOV lane companion. Wait till THAT hits the legal courts!
[media]
[media]

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh Lordy, I think you have hit it. If they could get a really good 'Hot Bot' operational, surely the automakers will use them in car shows. I can't think of a easier first task for them. Really it's no different than dancing robots. Eventually the actions of the second version below will be met.
Opps is this off topic?... K, I mean ahmm everyone can option in for a Hot Bot as a passenger HOV lane companion. Wait till THAT hits the legal courts!
[media]
[media]
you forgetting to take your meds?? :-)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Meds and humor aside, we'r a long way from any robotics with situation-ally adaptive logic, let alone anything that even has the appearance of 'awareness'.
Something presentable that just does a scripted process though, that's easy. Disney-Land did that 30 years ago. It just wasn't mobile.

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They don't. But their drivers do. Often too aggressive and out of control.
Oh, were it so simple!
If drivers were consistently too aggressive, there might be systemic approaches to deal with their idiocy.

Sadly, they are not consistently aggressive. Often, especially at a four-way stop, I find them infuriatingly timid, all nervously shuddering forward and halting, mere inches at a time, unsure as to how a stop sign is supposed to control an intersection. Couple their lack of understanding of the four-way stop with this nervous jittering, and then no one can even anticipate- neither by the cars' behavior nor by the drivers' alternately confused and terrified expressions- which would-be road warrior is about to lunge out into the intersection, further cementing the indecision endemic to the whole sordid affair.

About the only way to get through that easily is to wait until you know you're right anyway, and just drive your hooptie out into the fray with finality and determination, hoping that your visible certainty is enough to deter the nail-biters from trying the same while you drive through. Every once in a while, that can get fun when another person tries the same approach, but it's rare.

To be perfectly fair about it, of course, this seems the be a regional problem where I live, other peculiarities reigning elsewhere. For instance, when I lived in southeast Wisconsin, stop signs weren't as much of an issue, but other drivers absolutely loved turning from a side street without waiting for anything resembling a sane gap in the traffic they were joining.

Top Bottom