• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would love to wash my truck this week, but the frozen mud on it just won't thaw much. Saw 22 degrees today and it felt pretty good until the sun went away. 8 degrees last night. Weatherman says we are looking to warm up to daytime max of high 30's by the weekend. I need to change the oil so that would be good. Not really good motorcycle riding weather, but it would be great in an Elio, hint, hint ;). Planning for a motorcycle ride in Feb in Death Valley.
Wash mine every time I go by the car wash.......have unlimited washes and they use HOT water !!!!
8 years old...........people think it's new :)
I think I MAY have waxed it once about 6 years ago :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wash mine every time I go by the car wash.......have unlimited washes and they use HOT water !!!!
8 years old...........people think it's new :)
I think I MAY have waxed it once about 6 years ago :p
Luck is on yours side. Though washing away the road salt and grime really helps preserve the paint, too. Throw some wax on there and it'll stay cleaner between washes as well.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I MIGHT have waxed it twice.......both times with REJEX :D
I use a "California Duster" between washes. It just lifts off the dust and if I do that before I drive out in the morning, my truck stays pretty darn clean for a long time. However, it looks really good after I wash it. It's Ruby Red Metallic and really just pops when clean. Anyway, perhaps Elio will offer an Elio branded California Duster for us as an option (and getting the train back on track).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Luck is on yours side. Though washing away the road salt and grime really helps preserve the paint, too. Throw some wax on there and it'll stay cleaner between washes as well.
I use that light spray wax/detail spray rather than a full paste wax and it works really well. I use Turtle Wax ICE
Then for those times it's dirty, and I don't want to do the car was because it's not that drity, I use waterless cleaner. I was really surprised how well it works. I got the stuff to do my garage floors with (it's tiled with plastic tiles) and it works great on them. If it's a really faded one, I use the "Back to Black" stuff; and the works better then I could have hoped for. Works on the black plastic trim on cars too; makes the part look better than new.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use that light spray wax/detail spray rather than a full paste wax and it works really well. I use Turtle Wax ICE
Then for those times it's dirty, and I don't want to do the car was because it's not that drity, I use waterless cleaner. I was really surprised how well it works. I got the stuff to do my garage floors with (it's tiled with plastic tiles) and it works great on them. If it's a really faded one, I use the "Back to Black" stuff; and the works better then I could have hoped for. Works on the black plastic trim on cars too; makes the part look better than new.

...."Works on the black plastic trim on cars too; makes the part look better than new"....
Wonder is it will make the black plastic on the rear of the wheel fairings and the back of the Elio look like a shinier black. They look like they leave something to be desired on the E1C pictures that I have seen.

Top Bottom