• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exterior antennas are no longer needed IMO.
"Hidden Car Radio Antennas" are cheap and get good reception, not as good as an aerial, but most people don't listen to the radio much these days anyway. The Elio really does not need an outside antenna, they could put a good hidden antenna in for less cost, and it should work almost as well.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exterior antennas are no longer needed IMO.
"Hidden Car Radio Antennas" are cheap and get good reception, not as good as an aerial, but most people don't listen to the radio much these days anyway. The Elio really does not need an outside antenna, they could put a good hidden antenna in for less cost, and it should work almost as well.
I must respectfully disagree. MANY people listen to the radio these days, including satellite radio. Hidden antennas do not work well in metal bodied cars. Rear window antennas work fairly well, but the ELIO does not have a rear window.
The "shark fin" antennas mentioned above do work very well and create negligible drag. I have more than a little experience with antennas and avionics with the USAF and commercial avionics industry.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with your disagreement.
Nonetheless, IMO. If Elio wanted to, they could route an inexpensive antenna around the windshield area, and with expert advice, probably get to a large percentage of an outside antenna reception.
Booboo asks if a shark fin works why can't a spoiler ?

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in an odd location but everyone in my office except one Satellite radio guy listens to radio. One even listens to AM radio on his way to work.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top_secret..png

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll use an invisible antenna built into the windshield rather than the non-existent back window. There wouldn't be much cabling involved which fits into the "less material = less money" formula.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember those built in glass antennas.
No idea if they still do that.
Another, booboo wonders if, possibility of an antenna in the Visor, then you can move it about for best reception.

Top Bottom