• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember those built in glass antennas.
No idea if they still do that.
Another, booboo wonders if, possibility of an antenna in the Visor, then you can move it about for best reception.
I think most of the problems with the built-in-glass antennas were two fold. (1)They were somewhat directional; i.e. good reception going in one direction and not so good in other directions. (2)AM/FM antennas need to be vertically polarized and many rear windows are almost horizontal.
Problems I see with a windshield antenna is the Elio windshield is pretty small and it would be difficult to get the elements very far from the surrounding metal.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What you need is a multi function antennae like most cars have today. It does GPS, Cell, AM and FM. It's just a fin that sticks out the top. I do hope that Elio does include HD radio in their cars. If you haven't tried it, then go rent a new car. It sounds great and just like on TV, there are sub channels. Many of them are just music/talk with very little ads. Best thing is, it uses the same antennae and is literally a programming change in the head unit. I have rented plenty of cars that have it. Interesting thing is, most markets have it and if you don't have HD radio, you'd never know it and are missing out on more channels.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What you need is a multi function antennae like most cars have today. It does GPS, Cell, AM and FM. It's just a fin that sticks out the top. I do hope that Elio does include HD radio in their cars. If you haven't tried it, then go rent a new car. It sounds great and just like on TV, there are sub channels. Many of them are just music/talk with very little ads. Best thing is, it uses the same antennae and is literally a programming change in the head unit. I have rented plenty of cars that have it. Interesting thing is, most markets have it and if you don't have HD radio, you'd never know it and are missing out on more channels.
Best thing about that? It's free! Just like getting HDTV!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From today's Momentum:

"Backup cameras are an increasingly popular accessory and Elio owners who want to completely eliminate the small blind spot will be able to do so through our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program. Along with many other options that we will announce leading up to the start of production, we plan on offering a rearview camera for full visibility."

Top Bottom