• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, if it doesn't have a back up camera, then it won't be a road-legal vehicle. In which case, it isn't required to have a backup camera! :D

With that stunning logic, I have no doubt that you can drive in reverse without the aid of a back up camera. In which case you would actually be going forward.:D

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just read the "Final Rule" Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Rear Visibility.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
49 CFR Part 571
All 251 pages.
Several places they list "motor vehicles under 10,000 lbs. gross weight; excluding motorcycles and trailers."
Nowhere did I see any mention of 3-wheel vehicles or auto cycles.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3-wheeled vehicles are classified as motorcycles. Once they define what it is, they do not continue to redefine it every place it is referenced.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My goodness people. I have never had a back up camera and have driven everything between 18 and 2 wheels.
CckWbsnW4AIh4ZS.jpg

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3-wheeled vehicles are classified as motorcycles. Once they define what it is, they do not continue to redefine it every place it is referenced.
" To date, 26 states have enacted or are currently developing a classification for those specific setup three-wheeled vehicles."
from October 14th, 2015 with 30 responses.
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2015/10/14/but-what-is-the-legal-definition-of-an-autocycle/
I will be very happy to have a one tiny motorcycle licence on the back of my Elio, and get a motorcycle with seat belts and air bags rate on my insurance.

saltydog72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Okay I know this is off topic, but wanted to get some other thoughts on what has been been occupying my time waiting for the big"E". Was wondering The the style of head light, will it be a complete unit or just a bulb swap. Also will the lens itself be plastic or Glass?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I know this is off topic, but wanted to get some other thoughts on what has been been occupying my time waiting for the big"E". Was wondering The the style of head light, will it be a complete unit or just a bulb swap. Also will the lens itself be plastic or Glass?
As it stands, bulb swap, and plastic lens.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they go with LED lighting all-around as a standard feature, if and when the Elio comes to market. Aside from sporty looks and better visibility, they consume far less electricity than incandescent, halogen, HID, or similar bulbs. That equates to less draw on the alternator, less accessory drain from the engine output, ipso facto less fuel burned. It's a conscious business decision in the interest of achieving lofty fuel economy metrics, both City and Highway.

Top Bottom