• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate when I have to go look up words. Presbyopia = Farsighted
There are a few schools of thought on Presbyopia. My favorite is this one: (me trying to remember) the lens of the eye is held in shape by very small mono filament fibers that are attached to the mussels. When these mussels involuntarily contract they bend the lens in such a way as to let you focus on near objects. As a person gets older, after the age of 35, the lens tends to flatten out or increases in diameter. This in turn puts slack in the mono filament fibers, and over time gets worse. When a person has to make a voluntary effort to contract the mussels, eye fatigue in-sews. Adding a lens (reading glasses) helps. As with most things, the lack of movement/flex makes the lens more brittle and inflexible.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Reason I asked is because on big screen TV's the ideal viewing distance is 1.5 to 1.6 times the diagonal measurement of the screen; it's where your eyes don't see the pixels and it does the blend. I had to go through all that when I was trying to determine the biggest TV screen I could put in the living room (I ended up with a 70" and a 11' ideal viewing distance)
That's another point, is it a TV or is it a monitor you're using?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reason I asked is because on big screen TV's the ideal viewing distance is 1.5 to 1.6 times the diagonal measurement of the screen; it's where your eyes don't see the pixels and it does the blend. I had to go through all that when I was trying to determine the biggest TV screen I could put in the living room (I ended up with a 70" and a 11' ideal viewing distance)
That's another point, is it a TV or is it a monitor you're using?
It's a TV and I don't see the pixels at all.

Top Bottom