• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
okay. Non-pot related... Scissor Door on Elio? I don't see why Rousch cant do that... 1 hinge vs 2 hinges... saves money, right? LOL!
I honestly do not understand the fascination with scissor doors. It's not like they make it easier to enter or exit the vehicle. It's all about looking cool. I'm too practical to understand why that is important.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I honestly do not understand the fascination with scissor doors. It's not like they make it easier to enter or exit the vehicle. It's all about looking cool. I'm too practical to understand why that is important.
I liked the Mike Corbin engineered door on his Raven Three Wheeler. The door is more functional and allows for easier access in tight parking spaces and responsible for fewer door dings caused by inconsiderate people when opening standard car doors. I see it as function over cool.
image.jpeg

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I liked the Mike Corbin engineered door on his Raven Three Wheeler. The door is more functional and allows for easier access in tight parking spaces and responsible for fewer door dings caused by inconsiderate people when opening standard car doors. I see it as function over cool.
View attachment 8981
Almost useful, but still looks like a head knocker to me.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost useful, but still looks like a head knocker to me.

The Raven was a micro one person commuter, but the door seems beyond headknocking to me and opens up that small cabin for easy ingress egress. I could see a grab bar on the door used for old geezer assist. I would have been driving the Corbin's Three wheeler Raven years ago had it reached production. Somewhat odd styling, but an economical fun commuter concept back in the day.
image.jpeg

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Raven was a micro one person commuter, but the door seems beyond headknocking to me and opens up that small cabin for easy ingress egress. I could see a grab bar on the door used for old geezer assist. I would have been driving the Corbin's Three wheeler Raven years ago had it reached production. Somewhat odd styling, but an economical fun commuter concept back in the day.
View attachment 8982
That angle certainly looks better for the tall guy. But the Hinge looks massive.

Top Bottom