• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Raven was a micro one person commuter, but the door seems beyond headknocking to me and opens up that small cabin for easy ingress egress. I could see a grab bar on the door used for old geezer assist. I would have been driving the Corbin's Three wheeler Raven years ago had it reached production. Somewhat odd styling, but an economical fun commuter concept back in the day.
View attachment 8982

Strange....I hear circus music every time I look at that thing. :puke:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That angle certainly looks better for the tall guy. But the Hinge looks massive.
It is; depending on the car, they can be different, it's dependent on the weight of the door (the picture on the right shows the most. Yes, it does have the Left front fender removed)

upload_2016-4-3_11-10-26.png

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Strange....I hear circus music every time I look at that thing. :puke:
Yep, I hear that fun circus music too, but Corbin's visionary three wheeler designs and engineering actually make me smile..............not puke. I appreciate Corbin's engineering talent and respect his vision and efforts to get a three wheeler commuter to the mass market, well before it's time.

These are two Corbin designed, engineered, and manufactured vehicles I'd like to own now........which look more fun to drive than funny. As always, styling is a matter of opinion.......not everyone likes the Elio styling either, but may still respect the vehicle.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I hear that fun circus music too, but Corbin's visionary three wheeler designs and engineering actually make me smile..............not puke. I appreciate Corbin's engineering talent and respect his vision and efforts to get a three wheeler commuter to the mass market, well before it's time.

These are two Corbin designed, engineered, and manufactured vehicles I'd like to own now........which look more fun to drive than funny. As always, styling is a matter of opinion.......not everyone likes the Elio styling either, but may still respect the vehicle.
View attachment 8984 View attachment 8985

100% agree. Appreciation of styling is a matter of opinion, and usually due to a first impression. Elio? Dug it the first time I saw the P4 and laid down money the next day (pics...still waiting to see one in person). Not so much with the Corbin.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 8984 View attachment 8985
No disrespect intended. But application is a very personal process and always comes a cost. And the cost is a key factor to many.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Raven was a micro one person commuter, but the door seems beyond headknocking to me and opens up that small cabin for easy ingress egress. I could see a grab bar on the door used for old geezer assist. I would have been driving the Corbin's Three wheeler Raven years ago had it reached production. Somewhat odd styling, but an economical fun commuter concept back in the day.
View attachment 8982
I thought I had kept track of the Corbin series when it was struggling to hatch; I don't remember anything about the Raven. It was to be an ICE, not electric?

And personally, I think that model provides just the right amount of personal styling the car needs.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No disrespect intended. But application is a very personal process and always comes a cost. And the cost is a key factor to many.
I don't understand your response to my response regarding the Corbin three wheeler designs. I don't think I implied the process isn't personal. Cost is a key factor for me as well. Just because I like the design, engineering, and the application doesn't mean I can afford it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
100% agree. Appreciation of styling is a matter of opinion, and usually due to a first impression. Elio? Dug it the first time I saw the P4 and laid down money the next day (pics...still waiting to see one in person). Not so much with the Corbin.
I prefer the Elio too............but there was no Elio option back in the day. The Corbin vehicles were well beyond my budget for a three wheeler.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand your response to my response regarding the Corbin three wheeler designs. I don't think I implied the process isn't personal. Cost is a key factor for me as well. Just because I like the design, engineering, and the application doesn't mean I can afford it.
I'm stuck in explosive growth mindset. Why one would grow and the other be too expensive.

My response is not about the design other than the original post about the scissor door and that was a wrong impression based on a poor angle on the original photo.

I guess I'm looking at Elio as the next Model T or Beetle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom