• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What they did say was that it would be populated with additional choices once a month, so we get to have logjams on a monthly basis. Assuming there are enough people interested to cause traffic reduction, say compressing an 8 lane highway to a 6 lamer when everybody's riding bicycles! In other words -- I doubt traffic will clog the works.

What isn't clear is whether myelio.me will be restricted to reservation holders. I think perhaps that it should be -- at least for the first 3 months, say. My reason for that is that we have skin in the game and are less apt to say, oh, yeah, I'll have two of these and three of those, knowing it's all play stuff and we aren't committed to actually buying any of it.

If I were structuring this site, I'd see if there were a way to give people a budget of Eliobucks (to coin a term), and allocate them any way they wished.
You get a new budget every time the site is updated. At the end of 6 months, you are forced to "give back" half the choices you have made.

What that would do is demonstrate in a realistic way what the actual priorities are among the available options. (I'm just thinking aloud here, so bear with this).

In other words, participants (players?) are continually having to make choices, and at the end, they must narrow the choices down sharply. It's a good mechanism for finding out what people really will want to buy, and the approximate price they'd be willing to pay.

Think this idea is worth sending along?
Did you get the email survey from Elio regarding automatic transmissions? Among other things, asked if you would still be interested in automatic if the cost was around $1500 or would opt back to manual. Hope this isn't a real indication on the cost for automatic tranny!

Reactions: Ekh

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been following this for a while, and I am nearly certain that elio has said they will be offering a power steering option at some point. Also, im not interested in debating what i want. i just want what I want... and im willing to pay elio for it lol. in any case, its not not a linchpin in my plans or anything. if they never offer power steering im not going to abandon my plans or anything...

I believe I also heard power steering may be an option. I think I heard it would be electric, similar to the type used in the F150 which works very nicely. Can't remember if it was a first year availability or later add on.

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have been following this for a while, and I am nearly certain that elio has said they will be offering a power steering option at some point. Also, im not interested in debating what i want. i just want what I want... and im willing to pay elio for it lol. in any case, its not not a linchpin in my plans or anything. if they never offer power steering im not going to abandon my plans or anything...
I agree with your position about "wanting what I want!" I really would love to have my Elio in yellow, but as of this time that is not a color offered, Elio has indicated they may make it available in the future. As I have a $1000 all in reservation #14747, don't think that will help me, so I am probably going with white at this time.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the video clip, they showed 2 other movies (like You Tube always does) and one of them was Natalie.
Wasn't referring to the B&S movie; or there's a chance people got different clips to pop up depending on <insert variable here>
It depends on what your viewing history has been. I usually get either some history thing ("Secret Nurseries of the Luftwaffe") or some video showing Irish people tasting different foods from around the world or reading ginger jokes.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly the reason my older brother was "right sized" by IBM. Cheaper labor, and nothing he was doing couldn't be done online from the other side of the planet (he was an anti-hacker hacker...aka - Uber Geek) ;)
It's not "right sizing" at IBM, it's "resource allocation" (aka being RA'd). It's because people are our best resource, and we need to make sure they're handled like the paperclips or pencils. (Was RA'd about 2 years ago.)

And don't be too hard on Paul. It's very possible that he has an IT contract with a reputable and large American IT company, and that it's this IT company that has subcontracted certain functions overseas.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with your position about "wanting what I want!" I really would love to have my Elio in yellow, but as of this time that is not a color offered, Elio has indicated they may make it available in the future. As I have a $1000 all in reservation #14747, don't think that will help me, so I am probably going with white at this time.

There will be a Yellow wrap.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
It's not "right sizing" at IBM, it's "resource allocation" (aka being RA'd). It's because people are our best resource, and we need to make sure they're handled like the paperclips or pencils. (Was RA'd about 2 years ago.)

And don't be too hard on Paul. It's very possible that he has an IT contract with a reputable and large American IT company, and that it's this IT company that has subcontracted certain functions overseas.

Muzhik, you were RA'd 2 yrs ago? I was an "RA" selection in 2012 with IBM. I was a "near-RA" selection in 2005. Interesting story:

In May 2005, IBM chose the entire project that I was on for a layoff, around a dozen IBM employees, even though we were working on a critical internal financial application and $4 million/yr was being spent on it. "You have 4 weeks to find another project or take the severance pkg," we were told. Some folks were fine with taking the layoff, others were looking for another job that of course was not existing. With 2 weeks remaining, IBM told our project..." Ya know that whole "layoff thing"? Awww... NEVER MIND. We LOVE you guys!" So we were back.

Nearly all of my co-workers were laid off in '09 during that 12-month stretch. They finally found me in 2012, so it certainly wasn't a surprise, but still was not a feel-good experience. Oh well, everything happens for a reason.

Lo siento, we return you now to your "Standard Equipment and Options" thread!

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Muzhik, you were RA'd 2 yrs ago? I was an "RA" selection in 2012 with IBM. I was a "near-RA" selection in 2005. Interesting story:

In May 2005, IBM chose the entire project that I was on for a layoff, around a dozen IBM employees, even though we were working on a critical internal financial application and $4 million/yr was being spent on it. "You have 4 weeks to find another project or take the severance pkg," we were told. Some folks were fine with taking the layoff, others were looking for another job that of course was not existing. With 2 weeks remaining, IBM told our project..." Ya know that whole "layoff thing"? Awww... NEVER MIND. We LOVE you guys!" So we were back.

Nearly all of my co-workers were laid off in '09 during that 12-month stretch. They finally found me in 2012, so it certainly wasn't a surprise, but still was not a feel-good experience. On well, everything happens for a reason.

Lo siento, we return you now to your "Standard Equipment and Options" thread!
RA'd? Removed and Altered?

Top Bottom