• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For all of Paul's talk about "American made" he damned well better not outsource IT support overseas.

Exactly the reason my older brother was "right sized" by IBM. Cheaper labor, and nothing he was doing couldn't be done online from the other side of the planet (he was an anti-hacker hacker...aka - Uber Geek) ;)

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Dodge has DRL as an option, but not as standard equipment; both my Nitro and the Magnum didn't have them.
We have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has been pretty well optioned out and it doesn't have daytime running lights as standard. The headlights do, however, automatically come on if the wipers are in use.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this coming online! I'm wondering if it'll be right at midnight, thinking of staying up, and waiting it out just in case!

I have a feeling it won't be until a normal time tomorrow morning however.
"Normal time"out here will be just fine in the PNW!, Stuff here happens later in the day :-)

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I intend to pay the elio off as fast as possible and then drive it untill the wheels fall off, so I am planning on putting some nice extras on. I want premium sound, power steering, automatic transmission, tint, and im sure some other stuff...
I would question spending money for power steering. First of all, I've never even heard it mentioned as a factory or distribution center installed option direct from Elio. Second, if someone built an aftermarket version, it would cost big bucks and be a major pain to install. Third, have you checked the curb weight of the Elio? It is extremely light (part of the reason for the great mileage) and most of the people from Elio that I have queried online or at the touring display that I went to said because of the weight, power steering wouldn't be necessary at all. Because most power steering systems use power takeoff direct from the engine (like alternators, water pumps, A/C, etc.) that would rob power from an already small engine. I asked about the factory using electric power steering instead and again the Elio people said it wasn't even considered because of the lack of need per the above stated reasons. (low weight)

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would question spending money for power steering. First of all, I've never even heard it mentioned as a factory or distribution center installed option direct from Elio. Second, if someone built an aftermarket version, it would cost big bucks and be a major pain to install. Third, have you checked the curb weight of the Elio? It is extremely light (part of the reason for the great mileage) and most of the people from Elio that I have queried online or at the touring display that I went to said because of the weight, power steering wouldn't be necessary at all. Because most power steering systems use power takeoff direct from the engine (like alternators, water pumps, A/C, etc.) that would rob power from an already small engine. I asked about the factory using electric power steering instead and again the Elio people said it wasn't even considered because of the lack of need per the above stated reasons. (low weight)

I have been following this for a while, and I am nearly certain that elio has said they will be offering a power steering option at some point. Also, im not interested in debating what i want. i just want what I want... and im willing to pay elio for it lol. in any case, its not not a linchpin in my plans or anything. if they never offer power steering im not going to abandon my plans or anything...

Top Bottom