• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see much discussion about interior upholstery options. Especially color. Some even want leather.

What I would REALLY like, because it effects which exterior color is selected, is more interior upholstery colors to choose from other than just black. The Elio is not a Model A....and this planet offers more colors than just black. I hope that at least basic tan, and possibly grey can be offered within the pricing constraint or at the very least, as an option.

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't tell if your being serious or not. But just in-case you are serious:
A cassette tape was a plastic box about the size of a first-gen iPhone, what was full of magnetic spagetti. You would put the plastic box into a giant box that would try to wind up the spagietti while passing a magnetic field through it. This would cause the spagetti to play music badly.

An 8-track was like an iPod that could hold 8 songs (or less) and was also full of spagetti.

wasn't the spaghetti in the 8-track on a mobius loop?

-sterling

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just cam from the configurator and the color for carpet can be chosen for $78.

But get this: According to the configurator, standard is NO CARPET.

I hope the configurator is wrong, but it may not be. You would expect black to be standard at no cost but it is not. Black carpet is an option at $78.

Perhaps gray is standard. Perhaps standard is whatever good deal they got that month. I can picture in my mind someone getting their Elio. They open the door and there is the carpet: shocking pink-----shag!

There must be an error. Who would sell a vehicle these days with no carpet.

My Dad's '66 Chevy PU had no carpet. No carpet is a LOT easier to clean.

-sterling

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
*GASP* That's brilliant!
I can get a black-and-white checkered vinyl floor in my Elio! SO COOL! And just $0.41 a square foot!
I'm not even joking, I am totally in love with this idea. I love black and white checks!
You'll have to find it in small tiles to look right; 4"x4" at most.
Look where they have kitchen backsplash tiles.
You'll have to use some kind of flexible underlay so they don't crack, and flexible grout that's also waterproof (or just use silicone)

The floor is flat, so there's no reason it wouldn't work, and be functional. :thumb:

(I'm not joking either; I've done it in van interiors)

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
*GASP* That's brilliant!

I can get a black-and-white checkered vinyl floor in my Elio! SO COOL! And just $0.41 a square foot!

I'm not even joking, I am totally in love with this idea. I love black and white checks!

Do they still make the little 4" -5" ones?

-sterling
*GASP* That's brilliant!

Sorry for the bubble bursting... but, in the configurator is has "standard color" for carpet. If you were to, for instance, change to Orange color exterior, it matches the carpet by default (orange carpet). If you were to want black carpet with an orange exterior, THEN you would be out the $78 to have the black carpet.

-sterling

Top Bottom