• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now if we only knew about the windshield washer and hood latch, we'd have the basics pretty well included. Now as for that automatic transmission ....

1. I just read through this thread and was wondering if this one gets the prize for the most train derailments?
2. Jerome told me at the Shreveport show that there would not be an inside hood release. Hood pins are the way they plan to go. Maybe there is away to add one ourselves later?
3. Outstanding news on Cruise control being standard, I would have paid extra, but I am glad it is standard!
4. Black carpet should be standard, if not I will be adding that.
5. I like the idea of a permanent back up camera that is on all the time and mounted on the right A pillar like a rear view mirror if possible.

6. o U 8 1 2

Reactions: Ty

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
nMHsy0k.jpg

I hope this is true, but this picture from the configurator (courtesy Thomas Maule) show the sides of the stereo as being curved with a groove. The face is the same shape and size as the case.

If we knew the vertical size of the red dash it sits in, and measured the vertical size of the stereo in this picture, we would calculate the vertical size of the opening. The horizontal size could be calculated also.
That red part looks like it would be about single din size. That little oval radio is pretty small.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. I just read through this thread and was wondering if this one gets the prize for the most train derailments?
2. Jerome told me at the Shreveport show that there would not be an inside hood release. Hood pins are the way they plan to go. Maybe there is away to add one ourselves later?
3. Outstanding news on Cruise control being standard, I would have paid extra, but I am glad it is standard!
4. Black carpet should be standard, if not I will be adding that.
5. I like the idea of a permanent back up camera that is on all the time and mounted on the right A pillar like a rear view mirror if possible.

6. o U 8 1 2
:p I see what you did there.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone getting the lighted threshold? It is $110. The feature descriptor sounds like the only thing it does is to light up the "Elio" logo.

No. Waste of money.

Jerome told me at the Shreveport show that there would not be an inside hood release. Hood pins are the way they plan to go.

So what keeps a random person from popping your hood if there's no inside hood release?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. Waste of money.

So what keeps a random person from popping your hood if there's no inside hood release?
There are no hood pins, or hood release on a typical three wheeler motorcycle......oh wait a minute..........or hood which doesn't seem to be an issue for bikers. If somebody wants something under the hood of the Elio, they will just take the entire autocycle, strip it down, and dump any remains. There is no lockable hood on the SRK motorcycle either......or door, or gas cap. :)

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are no hood pins, or hood release on a typical three wheeler motorcycle......oh wait a minute..........or hood which doesn't seem to be an issue for bikers. If somebody wants something under the hood of the Elio, they will just take the entire autocycle, strip it down, and dump any remains. There is no lockable hood on the SRK motorcycle either......or door, or gas cap. :)

I've been wanting to buy a Can Am, but what you just mentioned is one of my main points of contention and reasons why I've thus far held off.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, they've got a year to figure out all the options and pricing. I do think that option pricing should include installation. All other cars quote options as installed. Elio should too. But maybe they could offer a different price (lower) with the notation: available for installation at Pep Boys. That would allow the gear heads to do it themselves, and would eliminate the need to send cars back to marshaling centers for retrofitted options. But I suspect most folks will just want to know what an option costs when it's already installed when they get the car.

The options I want most haven't appeared yet. But I'm certain they will before the year is out. You know what they are; my signature has been listing them for 2 years now. (The blue tooth option is available in the radio upgrade).

Top Bottom