• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sun Visors , Sun Roof, Moon Roof, Glass Roof, Convertible?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9FAFFIlhC96Zhcj-f2Ot7kieo71vnTTjDd23ti6QKk8bpkC9Kyw.jpg

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know some body shop boys..I imagine they can take a can opener to the EE and give me some c-clamps to hold it in place when I need to drive in the rain....

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't want a cloth top (I see to many cloth top cars held together with duct tape), I want a hard top that I can unbolt and remove.

You can always pull over when it starts to rain and take the hard top out of the trailer you are pulling to haul it around in or you can take a plastic tarp out of the trunk and cover the car parked on the side of the road till it stops raining. Sounds like fun. Can you say, sun roof?

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A convertible hardtop would take up too much storage space, so not a good option; a soft top will hurt aero. A top one would take off and store in the garage is not good, either.
A power operated sun roof over the driver and glass roof over the passenger would be my option. Glass over the passenger would lessen the claustrophobic concern.
Driving w/the top opened and both windows down, the 'open air' feeling is more pronounced w/Elio than in a conventional cabin.....I could live w/that.
All of the above, IMVHO.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an aging motorcycle enthusiast, The Elio MUST have a removable top, or at least a convertable option, or else they can keep it. Does anyone know if they will offer a removable top? Or a convertable?

All you have to do is go to the factory, watch your car being built and when it gets to this section of the assembly line tell them to stop and you will take it as is. Don't forget the tarp.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVSzdVPRzfTr7J6kT-vHeWIqiFKjPJi84jD2LuozptgOeg5oD3.jpg

Top Bottom