• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sun Visors , Sun Roof, Moon Roof, Glass Roof, Convertible?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can always pull over when it starts to rain and take the hard top out of the trailer you are pulling to haul it around in or you can take a plastic tarp out of the trunk and cover the car parked on the side of the road till it stops raining. Sounds like fun. Can you say, sun roof?
LOL

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
From an engineering standpoint both a removable top and a convertible would require a totally reengineered frame, since you would be removing a lot of the structural stability by removing the roll cage. While I am not the one to ask, I doubt that a convertible will be produced. there will be a glass roof and a sun roof. If it is that relaxing wind in your face we get from our MC's, it probably just won't be there.
I'm not asking to remove the roll cage or for a convertible. I'm asking to be able to unbolt the roof panel.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look at the top on a 500c or a Citron 2VC...

Yes there are aftermarket companies that make "sliding rag-tops". Even POWERED ones. When installed correctly, they do not leak, even when you TRY to spray water under it with a garden hose.They come in sizes to fit vehicles from mini trucks, up to pretty much the full roof of a van. When the Elio is in production, It will definitely require a custom size, but if the "interest" is there, I have little doubt they would make them to fit. I would be in the front of the line for one. :cool:

http://www.slidingragtops.com/28.html

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a pair of little sidecars, one for each side. :cool:
I can see it now! "Come on down to Big Bobs Elio Cove! We've got the red, the white, and the blue. And just this weekend, we are offering 10% off all accessories including the hard to find Elio Outriggers. That's right, be the first Elioowner with detachable outriggers. Outriggers are not flotation devices and are not to be disconnected while in motion. They will not make your Elio float unless your Elio is equipped with the sportsfishing package. Now available in Aqua Marine. Prices don't include tax, tag, or title fees. Offer void where prohibited by law and in Alabama." :p

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see it now! "Come on down to Big Bobs Elio Cove! We've got the red, the white, and the blue. And just this weekend, we are offering 10% off all accessories including the hard to find Elio Outriggers. That's right, be the first Elioowner with detachable outriggers. Outriggers are not flotation devices and are not to be disconnected while in motion. They will not make your Elio float unless your Elio is equipped with the sportsfishing package. Now available in Aqua Marine. Prices don't include tax, tag, or title fees. Offer void where prohibited by law and in Alabama." :p

LOL, I like the way you think. Oh, and don't forget the "Bass boat Metal-flake" paint job! :cool:

Top Bottom