• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sun Visors , Sun Roof, Moon Roof, Glass Roof, Convertible?

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think if the roll cage stayed intact, it would still be "enclosed" in that you'd still be protected from all angles.
Depends on the exact legalese the law is written in. Laws can be tricky, complicated, and obscure things. It's not as though they could just reflect the will of the people. Though maybe there IS a large 'no sunroofs on enclosed cab motorcycle classified vehicles' lobby out there...

marknoah60

Reaction score
Hi Marknoah60, welcome to the forum. I found it best to use the search to learn about the car and to keep from double posting when I first started. Just search convertible and sun roof at the top. I think you will find about 60 to 100 post on the subjects. Don't forget to get on the map and If your Military, please stop in and introduce yourself.:)
thank you...i need to learn how to use this site
Welcome Mark! Prepare yourself for an educational, entertaining, and at times frustrating experience.
thank you

marknoah60

Reaction score
I would think if the roll cage stayed intact, it would still be "enclosed" in that you'd still be protected from all angles.

I saw the car at the mall in Braintree Ma.
the back seat appeared claustrophobic to me. I thought turning it into a convertible and having the top down would make this feeling go away.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dualSunroof.jpg
Check their website; Elio Store.... mention Sunroof and Glass Roof as P-O-S 'options'..... but no supplier or prices. If I don't like what they offer.... I am thinking 'dual sunroof' (driver & passenger):

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of a sunroof. I sold my motorcycle after riding for 46 years. But I think the Elio with the sunroof open and the windows down would be a safe alternative. Best part is when it gets hot, cold or wet you just close it up and listen to your tunes. I think a bag to store the glass in the trunk would be a great idea. My Honda Element came with one for it's sunroof.

Eventually I'd love to see a convertible option. I know that would entail a lot of redesign though and wouldn't happen for many years. Still would be pretty cool.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen the glass roof that is mentioned on the web site as an option?

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing roof opening discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom