• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sun Visors , Sun Roof, Moon Roof, Glass Roof, Convertible?

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All you have to do is go to the factory, watch your car being built and when it gets to this section of the assembly line tell them to stop and you will take it as is. Don't forget the tarp.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVSzdVPRzfTr7J6kT-vHeWIqiFKjPJi84jD2LuozptgOeg5oD3.jpg

Now that would be the open air concept, but an aero package from hell.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to know where this slide shades statement was made by Elio.

Go to Elio Store, then Personalization link on their main web page. But.....a sunroof or glass roof (that they speak of on that link) w/o a slide shade would be a mistake.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an aging motorcycle enthusiast, The Elio MUST have a removable top, or at least a convertable option, or else they can keep it. Does anyone know if they will offer a removable top? Or a convertable?
From an engineering standpoint both a removable top and a convertible would require a totally reengineered frame, since you would be removing a lot of the structural stability by removing the roll cage. While I am not the one to ask, I doubt that a convertible will be produced. there will be a glass roof and a sun roof. If it is that relaxing wind in your face we get from our MC's, it probably just won't be there.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, so your statement was a personal assumption. Just managing my expectations. I have seen many cars with moon roofs and sun roofs that did not include a shade so there is no standard but I thought you had some written fact since you were so committed to your answer on this option. Thanks.

You may have seen aftermarket roofs w/o a shade but I ASSUME a factory install will have a shade.

They won't be selling many, if any, sun/glass roof options w/o slide sun shades........now THAT is my assumption.
The FACT is, I won't be buying w/o it.

Last edited:

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...VPRzfTr7J6kT-vHeWIqiFKjPJi84jD2LuozptgOeg5oD3

Seriously?
Doesn't it look like the skin is just "skin," and has nothing to do with rigidity?
So I am wondering..if i took this to my Buds and said cut the top off but leave the roll cage, wouldn't i have a functioning autocycle. I took my Dodge Ram to the Boys after I bought it and asked about making it into a hardtop convertible and they pooh-poohed the idea because of the whole body adds rigidity issue.
This looks like fun....I wonder if Paul(the person) would sell it like this?

Top Bottom