• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Takata Air Bags ....seriously?

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only saw this notice on Cars.com - Nissan has not sent me any information on this yet, and I am the original owner and have not moved my address. Two weeks ago I did get a notice about my coil springs breaking (right after one broke), and it went in to have all outstanding recalls done. The airbag wasn't done because "Nissan has not issued an instruction or parts to address this issue". The service manager just evaded my questions on it. I believe Nissan is stalling hoping more vehicles die off before they are finally forced to fix it.

"Consequence
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.

What Owners Should Do
Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall began December 21, 2017. All owners should receive a second notice by May 15, 2017. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261."

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of things that blow up in your face, watch for the folks who blow-off fingers and..... (July 4th) another excuse for getting plastered and doing stupid.
Speaking of things that blow up in your face, watch for the folks who blow-off fingers and..... (July 4th) another excuse for getting plastered and doing stupid.
Police & Fire
2017 Fourth Of July Fireworks-Related Accidents Cause Death, Injuries
Several fireworks-related accidents have been reported across the country and at least one accident in Kentucky turned fatal.

By Feroze Dhanoa (Patch National Staff) - Updated July 4, 2017 4:18 pm ET
fireworks-1202926_1920-1499199265-7879.jpg

Fireworks-related accidents over the Fourth of July holiday weekend have caused at least one death and several people have injured in incidents across the country.

In Henderson, Kentucky, a man was killed Monday night when a firework hit him in the chest as he bent over to light it, the Gleaner reported. The firework apparently went of prematurely and the impact was so strong it was enough to stop the 25-year-old man's heart.

In another incident in Northwest Indiana, a 13-year-old boy is in critical condition when someone discharged a firearm that police believe was likely fired into the sky as a firework. The bullet fell on the teen as he was playing basketball on Saturday. Police are now urging residents to keep their celebrations limited to legal fireworks only. In another incident involving teens, two boys, aged 12 or 13, were injured in Washington State when they picked up a firework they found, King5 reported. One of the boys is said to have severely injured his hand.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never been in a wreck where airbags deployed (knocking on wood now). I'd like to hear from those who have. IF you personally have been involved in an auto accident with airbag deployment, do you believe they reduced likely injury to yourself or others? Knowing what you now know about the possible dangers of airbag deployment (metal shrapnel being exploded toward your head/face), do you feel safer with them installed in your vehicle? For those who trust that Takata will do the right thing and recall EVERY airbag which might cause more harm than good, well...you are living in a dream world utopia my friend. I watched every question posed to Hiroshi Shimizu - the Takata executive in charge of QC, by the US Senate Committee, and, frankly, I was not impressed. I worked for the Japanese for 5 years (Subaru Isuzu Automotive in Lafayette, Indiana), and from personal experience, the Japanese NEVER do what they say they will do to correct a problem. I hope Elio will reconsider Takata systems - that is one headache down the road a new manufacturer does not need.

I drive a 95' Subaru Baja. Last week I received a letter from Subaru advising me that I should allow no one to ride in the front passenger seat until the bag was replaced. This is no doubt a CYA letter but I will get the bag services promptly.

Top Bottom