• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Terra Craft Motors

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Per the Ohio version of the law, the law refers to a "cab enclosed motorcycle" and the vehicle must include a top cover. If the vehicle is equipped with a removable top, then the top must be in place to qualify for the classification.

Top on: No MC endorsement, no helmet.

Top down: MC endorsement required, helmets as required by age/license status.
The Terracraft's retractable top travels with the motorcycle. The Terracraft doesn't meet the autocycle definition because of it's handlebar steering.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Ohio's law mentions anything about steering mechanism. It's all about the enclosed compartment.

A nationwide autocycle definition/law would really help.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Ohio's law mentions anything about steering mechanism. It's all about the enclosed compartment.

A nationwide autocycle definition/law would really help.
A universal autocycle definition/classification would be helpful, although perhaps may become safety requirement/testing restrictive. The problem with the recently passed State autocycle legislation is that the definition includes car like seat and steering wheel. Enclosure and auto related safety options would have been adequate and more inclusive.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The federal government doesn't have jurisdiction over state vehicle licensing and registration laws, so I don't think there can (or should) be a law covering those issues at that level. They could, however, define an autocycle category and standards for safety and efficiency, since there's precedent for that with autos and motorcycles.

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How about this one Tanom motor this one is expensive .

invader-options.jpg

Top Bottom