• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Terra Craft Motors

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I definitely like and want a TG 500 Tiger, shame on me it's a 4 wheeler! But with a rear engine that's the way to go!

I wonder if a Smart could be a donor to make a TG500 replica. Have to study on that!

I think a Smart engine and transmission would make the TG500 go really fast since it is lighter than a Fortwo. I think it would make for a cool combination. :) I would to see peoples faces as you fly by them in it.

View attachment 9191

A modern take on the TG500.

I think that design is really cool. It would be neat to see at least a couple of them made.

0ae539c342a7637c4621db8d96f1e67d-jpg.9191.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is not an autocycle unless it has an enclosed cabin and I can do much better things with 60k.
The photo above is of the engineering prototype for testing the tilt and drive train. It will be enclosed. Video is slow to start but shows the fully enclosed production Terracraft. If I had an extra $60K I'd spend it on this one.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The photo above is of the engineering prototype for testing the tilt and drive train. It will be enclosed. Video is slow to start but shows the fully enclosed production Terracraft. If I had an extra $60K I'd spend it on this one.

It's a convertible which my guess would make it a motorcycle.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, like start your own Uber fleet of 8 Elios!;)
I'm about 75% convinced that Elio's will be the most popular low-priced rental, loaner, and sharing car ever. I'm not as sure about tossing a customer in the back seat of an Uber-car, but if so, it definitely will be the lowest fair available.

Most business people have just one carry-bag and need to get to a meeting as cost effectively as possible. Companies will likely require an Elio be considered first. And how easy will it be to pop a driver in an Elio and pick someone up at the airport?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think a Smart engine and transmission would make the TG500 go really fast since it is lighter than a Fortwo.
I think it would make for a cool combination. :) I would to see peoples faces as you fly by them in it.

I think that design is really cool. It would be neat to see at least a couple of them made.

THE SHAPE OF THE REAR BODY ON A STOCK TG AND FENDERS IS A VERY TRICKY
ENCLOSURE TO FIT THE MECHANICAL COMPONENTS WITHIN .

THE MOST COMMON TG REPLICA THESE DAYS IS WITH A TRABANT DRIVETRAIN .
OLIVER HERBOLZHEIMER CAME UP WITH THIS A FEW YEARS AGO IN GERMANY .

ANDY CARTER MADE A FEW TGs WITH A 4CYL RENAULT DRIVETRAIN .
THESE HAVE 5 SPEEDS , FUEL INJECTION AND ARE WATER COOLED .
FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD , THEY ARE VERY SMOOTH & FAST .

http://www.messerschmitt.co.uk/inde...tg500/5-history-of-the-high-performance-tg500

MY TAKE ON IT IS TO USE THE HONDA 600 COUPE DRIVETRAIN .
IT HAS 4 SPEED SYNCHROMESH GEARING AND AIR COOLING .
A BIG CONSIDERATION WAS THE HONDA CAME WITH 10" WHEELS
SO IT WAS ALREADY GEARED CORRECTLY FOR A TG .

IT SHOULD BE GOOD FOR 85-90 mph BUT WITH 36 HORSES , SHOULD GET THERE AWFULLY QUICKLY .
I AM TAKING THE LAST PARTS TO THE PAINTSHOP THIS WEEK !

DSC_1565.JPG

DSC_1638.JPG

DSC_1639.JPG
DSC_1601.JPG

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a convertible which my guess would make it a motorcycle.
Per the Ohio version of the law, the law refers to a "cab enclosed motorcycle" and the vehicle must include a top cover. If the vehicle is equipped with a removable top, then the top must be in place to qualify for the classification.

Top on: No MC endorsement, no helmet.

Top down: MC endorsement required, helmets as required by age/license status.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think a Smart engine and transmission would make the TG500 go really fast since it is lighter than a Fortwo.
I think it would make for a cool combination. :) I would to see peoples faces as you fly by them in it.

THE SHAPE OF THE REAR BODY ON A STOCK TG AND FENDERS IS A VERY TRICKY
ENCLOSURE TO FIT THE MECHANICAL COMPONENTS WITHIN .

THE MOST COMMON TG REPLICA THESE DAYS IS WITH A TRABANT DRIVETRAIN .
OLIVER HERBOLZHEIMER CAME UP WITH THIS A FEW YEARS AGO IN GERMANY .

ANDY CARTER MADE A FEW TGs WITH A 4CYL RENAULT DRIVETRAIN .
THESE HAVE 5 SPEEDS , FUEL INJECTION AND ARE WATER COOLED .
FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD , THEY ARE VERY SMOOTH & FAST .

http://www.messerschmitt.co.uk/inde...tg500/5-history-of-the-high-performance-tg500

MY TAKE ON IT IS TO USE THE HONDA 600 COUPE DRIVETRAIN .
IT HAS 4 SPEED SYNCHROMESH GEARING AND AIR COOLING .
A BIG CONSIDERATION WAS THE HONDA CAME WITH 10" WHEELS
SO IT WAS ALREADY GEARED CORRECTLY FOR A TG .

IT SHOULD BE GOOD FOR 85-90 mph BUT WITH 36 HORSES , SHOULD GET THERE AWFULLY QUICKLY .
I AM TAKING THE LAST PARTS TO THE PAINTSHOP THIS WEEK !

View attachment 11239
View attachment 11240
View attachment 11241 View attachment 11242
I like the design very much! However, I doubt it would appeal to the mass market. Ingress/egress may be difficult for an old geezer like me.

Top Bottom