• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Car Hacked At Pwn2own Contest

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course you would say that. You’re a Tesla Fanboy.

My current Tesla is the most entertaining vehicle I’ve ever owned.

I’m a proud “Tesla Fanboy” because I love being a part of the EV revolution. Elon Musk also has my admiration for creating 40,000 U.S. jobs in only 10 short years!

The new lower price Tesla Model 3 offers a more affordable EV opportunity to thousands of new customers!

In Houston, I now see more than fifty Tesla vehicles a day. It’s wonderful to see a new American company have such great success!

You should go test drive a Tesla, that way you can gage all the excitement for yourself!

Elon is an America Hero!

:bounce:

Last edited:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I’m a proud “Tesla Fanboy” because I love being a part of the EV revolution. Elon Musk also has my admiration for creating 40,000 U.S. jobs in only 10 short years!

The new lower price Tesla Model 3 offers a more affordable EV opportunity to thousands of new customers!

In Houston, I now see more than fifty Tesla vehicles a day. It’s wonderful to see a new American company have such great success!

You should go test drive a Tesla, that way you can gage all the excitement for yourself!

Elon is an America Hero!

Just curious, how did Musk get all that money again? Was it by selling products or from another source?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hard work!

14226742-BD44-4443-BC88-03D989A020A6.jpeg

6251A93E-30FD-4406-942A-2A64750213BB.jpeg

01C4C3BA-DA66-4668-9D5E-40F7FC81ECA5.jpeg

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Good for you! Then perhaps any of the hundreds of Tesla boards would be more suited to you and your interests. We are here to talk elio first and foremost. Speaking for myself of course, I also enjoy hearing about other automobiles and technologies but there is a line between participating and trolling a board. Im a member of other auto boards and participate in many threads. Im sure some folks would actually participate in a 4 wheel topic on the Elio board, but I dont feel its necessary to start here and certainly not to bombard the Elio board with off roading hoo-ha.

Arcimoto, Solo, Leaf, and the like are all touched on here and its great!

Since Joining in January of 2019....

Tesla’s Chinese Factory Is Under Construction
Tesla’s Customer Referral Program...great Marketing Idea
Riding In Tesla’s New Model Y Suv
Elon Musk Is Always Innovating And Thinking Outside The Box
Tesla Sales Are Rapidly Increasing
2018 Tesla Customer Survey Article
Over A 1,200% Gain For Early Tesla Stockholders
Tesla Has Lots Of Growing Pains Ahead
Tesla Model Y Suv To Be Unveiled On March 14th
A Video Explaining Tesla’s “autopilot” Features
Order Your Tesla Online...no Need To Go To Their Showrooms
Tesla Announces $35,000 Base Model 3 Is Finally Available
Tesla Announces Fully Self-driving Cars By The End Of The Year

Just in my opinion, its kind of over the top Tesla time. We all are grumpy curmudgeons when it comes to Elio and its delays and we all tend to voice our frustrations with Elio, but most of us don't go an extra mile.

Yup It does- Nuff said doesn't need repeating.

Again, good for you! Its my understanding and has been widely reported that most EV sales are in the south west and warmer climates. I see Tesla's in the upper Midwest but as it has come to light this past winter, even the all mighty Tesla bows to cold weather.

Yup. Renting a Tesla for a week is a great way to see if the car will work for anybody. For me, the Tesla didn't hold up to the hype. In the deep snow, forget it. With a long commute and a sort charge time, for get it at home, but if it floats your boat, good for you! Im sure there's a Tesla board out there where you can find like minded individuals who would love to hear about it.

Elon is an America Hero!

A smart man and brilliant entrepreneur indeed. No argument there. As a South African turned Canadian turned American Elon is proof the US can thrive through immigration. A hero?:faint: OMG, really? Just turn it down a little. Seriously...:twitch:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, hard work and he's very smart, but he got a few coins through government subsidies.
So Elon’s use of government coins is more of an issue than Paul’s use of non-refundble reservationist coin subsisidies? Elon repaid his ATVM loan years early with interest, taxpayers made some profit, and experienced a great economy boost by the creation of 40,000+- made in the USA manufacturing jobs. We were all cheering on a successful Elio low interest ATVM loan application, the promised 1500 Caddo Parrish jobs, and the idea of ELIOCOIN fundraising. Also, Elon invested millions of his personal coin early on, was actually manufacturing cars, and takes no salary. I don’t like or worship either Paul or Elon, but do give Elon his credit due.

I would like to own both an Elio and a Tesla Model Y some day.

Last edited:

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
No comparison since the $18 per hour was for the job he had in Canada.

According to Global News (Canada):
View attachment 23484

Woops! Your correct. I often forget Elon is a naturalized citizen of the US and not actually born here. So If the job of boiler cleaner is was in Canada then see the corrected data below.

Canadian Inflation Rate, CA$18 in 1989 to 2019
According to Statistics Canada consumer price index, prices in 2019 are 75.30% higher than average prices throughout 1989. The dollar experienced an average inflation rate of 1.89% per year during this period.

In other words, CA$18 in 1989 is equivalent in purchasing power to CA$31.55 in 2019, a difference of CA$13.55 over 30 years.

The 1989 inflation rate was 5.26%. The current inflation rate (2018 to 2019) is now 1.99%1. If this number holds, CA$18 today will be equivalent to CA$18.36 next year.

Source data located here

Apples and oranges. I stand corrected. Using the sourced data above, the assembler in CA is still kinda getting screwed compared to his boiler cleaning days. I believe a line worker is payed a few bucks more. Two things. First, Its his sandbox so he's welcome to pay whatever he likes. Second, I really don't know what was involved in the job he had. Maybe it was really complicated. Maybe it was a hose and a brush. I don't know. But we are waaaaay off topic now.

Top Bottom