• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Cyber Truck Unveil / Test Ride

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear ya! And I don't want them changing anything...and what's not to like with an automatic rolling flatbed cover than that makes it more aerodynamic and secures your cargo at the same time! That alone makes ALL trucks looks like rides from the past.
I agree. I want it to stay the same because I’ll be driving around Airwolf. Then everyone will think I’m Jan Michael Vincent in his hay day. Maybe I can put an optional SpaceX rocket in the back and be like Hooper and jump over a river where the bridge used to be.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thor. Now that's a truck! https://www.conceptcarz.com/a34936/inaugural-riyadh-auction.aspx

'THOR', the world's greatest custom heavy truck, stole the show at Worldwide Auctioneers inaugural Riyadh Live Auction, selling for a record-breaking $13.2 million, the most money every realized for a custom vehicle. Complete with Hawker jet engine auxiliary power unit, this other-worldly one-of-a-kind 1984 Peterbilt 359 Ultra Custom TT Crew Cab, as featured on Jay Leno's Garage, is the most powerful big-rig ever built at 3,974 HP.

worldwide-auctioneers-thor-001-400.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thor. Now that's a truck! https://www.conceptcarz.com/a34936/inaugural-riyadh-auction.aspx

'THOR', the world's greatest custom heavy truck, stole the show at Worldwide Auctioneers inaugural Riyadh Live Auction, selling for a record-breaking $13.2 million, the most money every realized for a custom vehicle. Complete with Hawker jet engine auxiliary power unit, this other-worldly one-of-a-kind 1984 Peterbilt 359 Ultra Custom TT Crew Cab, as featured on Jay Leno's Garage, is the most powerful big-rig ever built at 3,974 HP.

View attachment 23775
It still looks like a truck!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figured it'll take them a minimum of 5 years before they deliver "my" cheaper one motor version and put their effort on fulfilling the more expensive ones like they did with model 3. And if you fall in the 200+ reservation holders, then 2024 sounds about right, counting delays in production, etc. And I bet, some of those that made a deposit for the RIVIAN E-truck might be contemplating of getting refund and putting it on the CYBERTRUCK.

Last edited:

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I figured it'll take them a minimum of 5 years before they deliver "my" cheaper one motor version and put their effort on fulfilling the more expensive ones like they did with model 3. And if you fall in the 200+ reservation holders, then 2024 sounds about right, counting delays in production, etc. And I bet, some of those that made a deposit for the RIVIAN E-truck might be contemplating of getting refund and putting it on the CYBERTRUCK.

For whatever reason the single and dual motor versions are coming out first. It could still take 5 years, however ;)

I am also aware of a few people that have gone the refund route and gone with the Tri-motor Cybertruck. Range is king when you plan to tow.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coincidentally, this was announced yesterday:
https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/26/lincoln-will-build-an-electric-suv-based-on-rivians-chassis/
Knowing how the traditional car companies work, the F150 Electric will be a rebodied Rivian and whatever plans they had for it just got pushed into a tighter timeline. When the cybertruck was unveiled, I bet Ford was laughing but after a day, there was an emergency meeting with Rivian.

As for GM, I expect they will come late to the party with some hodge podge electric truck and probably was on the phone with Lordstown Motors to see if they could throw a Chevy body on their truck (as soon as Lordstown actually has an actual working prototype).

Since Lordstown will be out in a year, they might be the first to market. Plus they will have 4 in wheel motors. They are taking $1K deposits too: https://lordstownmotors.com/

Top Bottom