• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Texas Show Apr. 22-24: Post Your Questions

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These may have been asked and answered before on others posts, but I don't rightly recollect offhand...

1 - Keyed, or keyless ignition
2 - Back windows pop open at the rear (option?)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
1) I was wondering about the keyless ignition also; I know it is currently key, but will they offer the option to do a keyless?
2) Alarm and remote door lock. Almost all cars on the road that have a key fob for power door locks, have a basic alarm; it disables the ignition and honks the horn; will the Elio have this also as standard equipment?
3) And the question I have been asking for the last couple of years, that they say yes to, but I have yet to see; Right hand armrest.
At first it was supposed to be on the right "door" (the space that is usually a door) or the seat. If it is on the seat, will it be the same height as the one on the left (and only) door? Being disabled, this is something I have to have to brace against.
4) Grab handle on the left A pillar: yes, no or option?

5) I don't remember if this is on your list already, are all of the fleet cars sold?
5B) If 5 people got together and did a company / LLC would they consider selling to them?

Geezzz I ramble on ....... :rockon:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm debating on whether to go on Friday as well. It would be about a 500 mile road trip two days before an extremely hectic Sunday. But I don't know when they'll be this close again.

What time do these usually start?

ps I know they are scheduled to open at 10 AM, but some people are habitually early and others are habitually LATE!

pss Is there a cover charge to get to get into the park in order to get to the Elio setup? I wouldn't want $100 in fees just to get in line see the Elio.

psss I see there is no cover charge, so the only problem would be excessive parking fees.

pssss I sure would love to be wearing that promised Elio T-shirt.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If nothing gets in the way, I Wii be at the show Friday the 22nd. If you have any questions, post them and I'll try to get the answers. These are what I have so far:

1. Any update on the E series build?
2. Any update on the DOE loan?
(don't expect anything out of those, but doesn't hurt to ask)
3. Daytime running lights?
4. Body panel material and molding process?
5. Final location of shifter/driver cup holder?
6. Tire size the open fenders are designed to fit?
7. Will open fenders be sold alone, or only with the tires and rims?
8. Estimated date when myelio.me will be up?

Smartphone pics will be all I can do, so they will not be as good as previous ones.
Do they (Elio) allow video, or is it strictly still photos?
I hope to ask myself, but in case I can't. Is there any engineering reason that the Elio shouldn't be as likely to go 100,000 miles as a regular 4 wheeler? The 3 year 36,000 mile "warrantee" is not that atypical unless you purchase an extended warrantee. Will that also be an option?

Will the vehicles come with a typical price sticker. My Credit Union says they would use that as a valid estimate of value for the car as collateral for a car/motorcycle loan.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then I'll ask the silly question for those who are used to motorcycles, but need more stability as they age. Will a convertible Elio be possible in the near future AFTER the first model is all over the place?

How many assembly lines could be squeezed into the Shreveport facility without costly new space additions?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then I'll ask the silly question for those who are used to motorcycles, but need more stability as they age. Will a convertible Elio be possible in the near future AFTER the first model is all over the place?

How many assembly lines could be squeezed into the Shreveport facility without costly new space additions?

It wouldn't seem likely.
Texas law, as an example, has the exclusion that allows Elio based on a fully enclosed cab.

see ---> http://www.elioowners.com/threads/texas-statutes-for-elio.5701/ <---

Top Bottom