• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Texas Show Apr. 22-24: Post Your Questions

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could you get them to explain exactly what they mean by "proof of concept" in regards to the DOE loan? This topic is more important than everything else put together!
I think I remember reading that the DOE loan has some conditions set before it's granted. One of which is the vehicle has to achieve 75MPG. So once they get the E-series rolling and conduct the necessary testing to determine the actual fuel efficiency then they'll have at least that bit of proof.

Added: read page two... http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2015/02/f19/ATVM_Guidance_for_Applicants_11.4.14.pdf

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE"Johnny Acree, post: 144192, member: 1073"]Will the engine have variable valve timing?[/QUOTE]
I didn't asking. I thought that was covered in the TechTalk blog, and that it does.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20160422_113621_013.jpg

The left armrest ( on door) is at a very comfortable height, an is pretty wide (3-4 in). Might want to add some padding for long trips as it is just hard plastic. The right armrest will be on the seat. Leer already has that model.

Darrellh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Where is the engine going to be manufactured? Shreveport was never equipped to manufacture engines. I can't imagine that Elio could afford to invest in all the equipment to make it there.

Thanks

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More from the show:

Could not get the location of the fuel pump, but if it is in the tank it will be a serious chore to replace it. That is unless you can cut a hole under the passenger seat to access it.
The tour team told me that the open fenders are designed to run over the base tire and rim. I'm not sure that is correct. I assumed the tires would much wider, like the P3. Time will tell.
When I asked about vehicle lifespan I was told that the engine is a 100K engine. That means with no maintenance or oil changes it will go 100k miles.
Also, there will be a window sticker like new cars have.
There will be an option for a grab handle on the B pillar, but no word for one on the A pillar.
All 100 fleet vehicles are believed to be accounted for.
Everything else asked about was said to be a possible option. Again, time will tell.

I shot some video, and will try to upload it a little later.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
More from the show:

Could not get the location of the fuel pump, but if it is in the tank it will be a serious chore to replace it. That is unless you can cut a hole under the passenger seat to access it.
The tour team told me that the open fenders are designed to run over the base tire and rim. I'm not sure that is correct. I assumed the tires would much wider, like the P3. Time will tell.
When I asked about vehicle lifespan I was told that the engine is a 100K engine. That means with no maintenance or oil changes it will go 100k miles.
Also, there will be a window sticker like new cars have.
There will be an option for a grab handle on the B pillar, but no word for one on the A pillar.
All 100 fleet vehicles are believed to be accounted for.
Everything else asked about was said to be a possible option. Again, time will tell.

I shot some video, and will try to upload it a little later.
No Oil Changes??? I find that one a little hard to believe; not changing plugs for 100K sure; changing belts at 60K is the norm, but if they say it will go 100K I'll give it a possibly; overall life span of motor 100K yes, and probably more, they just had to pick a point where they'll stop warranty coverage.
No handle on the A? That's a bummer; I can see the one on the B for the passenger; I may just have to put in my own.
Cutting a hole to access the fuel pump? Sure; if you've ever owned a Dakota PU that's one of the options for changing the fuel pump in it; that or take the bed off.
The narrow tires and close fitting "fender", yes, the more they can cheat the air, the better it is for MPG; wide tires is a lot of unsprung weight to carry around, plus since the tires are exposed, profile is very important. So it would come down to; do you want mileage, or do you want looks.

Thank you for all of your work and effort you put into getting use answers to many of our questions, I appreciate it, and I'm sure all the others do too. :thumb:

Top Bottom