• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Texas State Fair

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I might post this in the Texas Forum, but lack of exposure affects us all. There may be a valid reason, but why in the world would the largest state fair in the country (3,000,000 people in attendance) be a P3 event only?? If you have ever been to this event you know that it is a huge showcase for automotive technology. Anyone know why the P4 will be a no show?
a guess would be, too many places they want to set up displays while having too few models to work with .... no clue who makes the decision as to which Elio goes were or what they base the decision on
Jim
There is also the fact that the P4 has been to DFW before. It is very possible that wherever they are taking the P4 neither Elio has been seen before. Since Paul Elio made the request and he is the boss. . . . .. . . :) Z

As Z alluded to the news we have received is that the P3 will be at this event because Paul Elio requested the P4 for another event. We have not heard what the other event is however generally this has happened when the P4 is needed for something along the lines of a TV appearance so we will just have to wait and see what develops.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As Z alluded to the news we have received is that the P3 will be at this event because Paul Elio requested the P4 for another event. We have not heard what the other event is however generally this has happened when the P4 is needed for something along the lines of a TV appearance so we will just have to wait and see what develops.
For sure GO. There was a very good reason the first time through and I'm sure there is a good reason this time. I'm all in already, so I am selfishly disappointed. lol They don't have to sell me any more.

And I have all the faith in the world in Paul. I have a feeling it must be something really big, because a week at the biggest state fair in the country is huge, I can only imagine what might trump that. Excited to find out.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
For sure GO. There was a very good reason the first time through and I'm sure there is a good reason this time. I'm all in already, so I am selfishly disappointed. lol They don't have to sell me any more.

And I have all the faith in the world in Paul. I have a feeling it must be something really big, because a week at the biggest state fair in the country is huge, I can only imagine what might trump that. Excited to find out.

This is just me thinking but I have to wonder if the P4 may make it down to Texas anyhow as the showing at the fair does last an entire week. Either way they are much better off letting everyone know in advance that this is a P3 showing and if the P4 happens to make an appearance all the better. We will just have to see how this plays out.

Ronney Nanney

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well I can only hope that the P4 will be appearing at a even greater event. It just seems to me they are missing out on a major media market in the DFW metroplex. This in no way affects the way I fell about Elio, and in the future i hope to be driving around DFW in one. I am all in!

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I can only hope that the P4 will be appearing at a even greater event. It just seems to me they are missing out on a major media market in the DFW metroplex. This in no way affects the way I fell about Elio, and in the future i hope to be driving around DFW in one. I am all in!
Exactly my feeling. I waive to you as we pass each other on the Dallas raods!

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I might post this in the Texas Forum, but lack of exposure affects us all. There may be a valid reason, but why in the world would the largest state fair in the country (3,000,000 people in attendance) be a P3 event only?? If you have ever been to this event you know that it is a huge showcase for automotive technology. Anyone know why the P4 will be a no show?

When I saw the P4 in Colorado over Labor Day weekend Jerome Vassallo (VP of Sales for Elio Motors) told me the reason it wouldn't be in Texas is because they are being interviewed for another program with the P4.
Although I feel it's too bad that you texans won't have the latest model to look at, I also feel it's better in the grand scheme of things that the P4 goes to the better of the two conflicting events. JMHO

Trucker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
They are supposed to be in the Los Angeles area this week, wonder if they are going to try to get it in the Los Angeles County Fair?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I saw the P4 in Colorado over Labor Day weekend Jerome Vassallo (VP of Sales for Elio Motors) told me the reason it wouldn't be in Texas is because they are being interviewed for another program with the P4.
Although I feel it's too bad that you texans won't have the latest model to look at, I also feel it's better in the grand scheme of things that the P4 goes to the better of the two conflicting events. JMHO

If they wanted to collect a lot more reservation money EM could use another P4, one for celeb demos and interviews. But it's better they are putting that effort to real progress on the engine and crash test models.

Patrick Power

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There is this darling picture of a big guy crying at the Texas Fair Fair, cause Elio isn't there. He is wearing his Elio shirt. Dam Cute. I invited him to join us. Please welcome him with lots of hugs, LADIES .............

Hi "Quick"! I made it to the forums! I posted my State Fair pics in the regional forum for Texas. Thank you for pointing me here, it is fascinating!

Top Bottom