• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Aftermath

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was about to do the same, till we found this Dodge Journey, it's normally a $29K to $32K vehicle, this one was marked down to move because they had 10 more coming in from other dealerships. I got this one for $22K, and it's sweet.
With my back as bad is it is, I had to get something tall, and this fits the bill, I also wanted a V6 and all the Chevy's the same size are straight 4's with turbo, and I don't really trust the turbos; had one that blew up before.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I want the Elio, I want to believe... Unfortunately, the current car is coughing and wheezing. Most likely will not make it to the launch.

-sterling
Well, do remember it is supposed to be an -and- vehicle (aka not the primary).
And part of this is just to show you still believe this is going to happen, right now is just a set back, and a step we have to get over.
The Elio will come to being.

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It is hard for me to believe that they went thru all that money with little to show for it. When we start our business we worked and didn't take a salary for a year because we wanted to make is work. Paul Elio should have used his engineering because that was a big part of e wrong making the car a success. You can't use your working capital for big salary. I may be wrong but I know what we went thru in the beginning.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It is hard for me to believe that they went thru all that money with little to show for it. When we start our business we worked and didn't take a salary for a year because we wanted to make is work. Paul Elio should have used his engineering because that was a big part of e wrong making the car a success. You can't use your working capital for big salary. I may be wrong but I know what we went thru in the beginning.
Paul didn't take a salary for the first few years, that was known, and after the one year he did, he paid back loans, so he actually did draw a salary for a year, the other years are an unknown.
Oh I'm sure he took something resembling a salary, but not the full amount, I can't say about the other people, since it was never announced. So who knows what they drew from the company; what they said what most of the money went for was research and development.
Unless we were privy to the books, no one will be able to say.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Where did all the money go", simply put, it's none of our business. You are a reflection of many others who believe they are due an explanation- we are not.!! We took a gamble, with no promises, or assurances, and should this project fold, we will be out the "bet" we took.
Worse case?, I'm happy to advance the acceptance of autocycles, and move on.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Where did all the money go", simply put, it's none of our business. You are a reflection of many others who believe they are due an explanation- we are not.!! We took a gamble, with no promises, or assurances, and should this project fold, we will be out the "bet" we took.
Worse case?, I'm happy to advance the acceptance of autocycles, and move on.

It will be especially interesting if the new investors Paul is appearing to look for share in this philiosophy.

Top Bottom