• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Peace. As I tried to say, this wasn't an attack in any way. It was a philosophical question. I'll tell you what. As much as I believe in the Elio and what they are doing, my circumstances have changed and I really don't need one any longer. I'd like to see it go to someone deserving. You are obviously an Elio fanatic and have been a wealth of knowledge. Since we live relatively close to each other this may work for both of us. I'll configure my Elio to your specs. When it is delivered, you and I will go to Pep Boys together. You'll bring me $1000 and we'll put all of the paperwork in your name. You get my SIL and the 50% bonus and I get my deposit back.
While that sounds like a good deal, I'm almost positive that is against the Elio reservation agreement :( reservations may be transferred, but SIL may not. That, and I plan on picking up mine from the factory with my brother (and possibly my Dad) and we are all gonna road trip back together in our Elios :) Louisiana to Washington, by way of Route 101; San Fransisco to Port Townsend :D

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you but also find it interesting that it doesn't appear that you have made a deposit. I wonder if you'd feel the same way if you had put a $1000 non-refundable deposit down, like I have? This is a sincere question, by the way, and not an attack in any way :)
I respect that it's not an "attack", saying that - there are many folks here who for whatever reasons have minimal or no financial investment in this project. Everyone, shall have the opportunity to offer their opinions, insights, wisdom and life experiences to this forum, and like all other respected sites/forums, a total negative, hostile and angry member gets weeded out in time (trolls). IMO, this is one of the most civil forums.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how they handle inherited SIL situations? I only ask because I just got a settlement check for my father who died 15 years ago. It creates problems because the probate is dormant and $200 isn't worth the headaches and costs of reopening the probate.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how they handle inherited SIL situations? I only ask because I just got a settlement check for my father who died 15 years ago. It creates problems because the probate is dormant and $200 isn't worth the headaches and costs of reopening the probate.

It's actually pretty simple: SIL is non-transferable. You can inherit a reservation, give one as a gift, etc. But SIL belongs only to the original reservation holder. If a reservation is transfered, the recieving person "goes to the back of the line" so-to speak.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's actually pretty simple: SIL is non-transferable. You can inherit a reservation, give one as a gift, etc. But SIL belongs only to the original reservation holder. If a reservation is transfered, the recieving person "goes to the back of the line" so-to speak.
Correct; and I believe according to the contract they have a way of checking that it gets sold to the person that is registered to that SIL.
There have been a few people through here that have tried selling their number.
I do believe there is one exception they will allow and that was for Z to her kids but I'm not positive about that.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss, how do you think they will handle a SIL which was purchased as a gift?
Good question; wish I had a good answer.
Best suggestion would be to ask EM; I don't know if they ever had a option like that; best guess would be that when the gift reservation was made, it was made out to the person receiving it.

You have the list, do you have any that are marked as "Gift?"

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear you but also find it interesting that it doesn't appear that you have made a deposit. I wonder if you'd feel the same way if you had put a $1000 non-refundable deposit down, like I have? This is a sincere question, by the way, and not an attack in any way :)

I think Sethodine, like many others, has "put down" what "he is comfortable with" and what he can afford "to loose." There are many here who, like yourself, have gone "$1K all in." And some who have gone "$1K all in" for 2 or more Elio's.
My advice is to relax a bit. :couch2: This will either happen or it won't. But, I am pretty sure it WILL happen! :cheer2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom