• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TC Bronson;
Marshall's got a point here. A straight stick my lead to the preservation of your Elio from everyone driving it. ROTFL Heck, even the thugs who steal cars might not be able to driveit. Now that I think about it, I have a bicycle that requires a skill most thieves can handle and thus they would have to hall it off on their backs and tried to convince their fence that it has value even though no one knows how to drive it. LOL

IMG_1244.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go find and old clunker GM something or other that's front engine, rear wheel drive, stick.
This way when it comes time to change the clutch, it's easier, and probably cheaper.
And if they bang it up a little, ehh too bad, no loss.
If you can drive a stick in one of those, you can drive stick in anything. :thumb:
(To the tune of the old Coca-Cola commercial)

I'd like to teach the world to shift...
In perfect harmony...

:hippie:

Last edited:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah well...

I figured that they'd want more moola for cruise control from the get-go.

That said... WHY are we even talking $800+ MORE for a transmission that...
The Chinese, Indians and Europeans charge LESS for than a fully manual transmission!

Some overseas cars have the AMT as STANDARD base model equipment...
And they charge more for the fully manual transmission as an add-on / upgrade.
Many of those cars have nothing else in the upgrade "package"... Just the manual tranny!

Damn spiffy it's reason to be miffed.

Over and above the *lgin...
it's reason to give these guys a few funny looks.

I wish you good hunting and hope you come back with a few mounted heads.

Have you even used a Chinese made manual transmission? I have in my '12 Mustang. 1-2 shifts had a nice notch in there, and 2-3 always got caught in the gate. Of course, my experience is limited with that one model of Chinese made crappy transmission.

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio sent out a survey regarding price & automatic, got 3 different questions regarding Price we would pay: 1200, 1400, 1000.
Just like I expect a it to be decked out inside the cabin. I see advancements on all the commercials, Elio, small profit, many units.

Elio will be able to turn out these units to rival any manufacturing facility. They will make it up in volume, help Make America Great Again.

Simply put, our business leaders changed us from a manufacturing country to a phone support service provider country. Reality.

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Stand corrected, 1200, 1500, 1000.

I'm 65 retired budget, my world fell apart in 2006, recession. My company First American Title was 66 on the Lou Dobb's list that offshored jobs

Still, we expect a quality transmission. This is in Paul Elio's way. You can kill it with the price of the "features".

Most drivers know automatic, 74 MGB, 1200 CC, fun to drive, ZERO accident protection, 4 speed, a 5 speed; you need it in the USA.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Stand corrected, 1200, 1500, 1000.

I'm 65 retired budget, my world fell apart in 2006, recession. My company First American Title was 66 on the Lou Dobb's list that offshored jobs

Still, we expect a quality transmission. This is in Paul Elio's way. You can kill it with the price of the "features".

Most drivers know automatic, 74 MGB, 1200 CC, fun to drive, ZERO accident protection, 4 speed, a 5 speed; you need it in the USA.

And now the first two of those prices don't apply; in the configurator, the price of the Auto is $1,050.

I added mine up the way I wanted it; it came out to $9,205.00 and then I remembered to subtract my $1,500+ (I was an early supporter, so I got the additional bonus) and now I'm looking at a total of $7,500 plus tax, delivery etc; still under $10K which is what I planned all along and what I have saved up. I'm 63, on SSD since 2013. I also had a First Am retirement that I acquired by working at SMS at Corporate level; it was all spent in the 16 months I spent with $0 income waiting for SSD. So I know where you're coming from.

Top Bottom