• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
snips

I am not trying to start anything with anyone. As I said before I am usually just reading through these comments. So, no harm intended.
I just find it interesting that so many people "know" what EM is doing in regards to testing, finance, plant setup, etc. Maybe they have tested it. No they haven't reported that they have done the testing yet, but why do so many expect that EM is sharing ALL of their processes with us. They are not just trying to sell this concept to us little people, they are also trying to please investors and I would expect those investors want to keep some of the "inside" information quiet. That might not be how it really works out there in the business world, but I know if I am looking at buying something that isn't exactly on the open market and have put hold money down on it, I don't want the seller sharing too much information with the general public.
As for the second line about the g10 -- maybe it was a starting point and did not meet the requirements. They are using the Geo motor in the prototypes after all. Seems to me that all those smart engineers would have started with a known factor and then moved on if the numbers didn't hit just right.
I know the "maybe and if" comments don't answer all the questions, but that is all we have until EM shares more.

Exactly! The people who think it will be a for sure thing make several assumptions. Everything with this company seems to be assumptions though.

The way it works in the business world is that the good news from tests is broadcast-ed. Remember, they are trying to get the small guy right now to make deposits. The bad news stays in company until they can figure out something good to show.

When it comes to "Inside Information", the big investors will already know it. In theory, those big investors would buy when they knew the good information and then broadcast it after.

"Maybe and if" type answers will not get the skeptical person to buy in. That is mainly what I hear with Elio.

I would love to see Elio come out with numbers saying "we tested the prototype and it only got 62 mpgs. Although this is lower than our expected 84mpgs, this is with the older suzuki engine. This is not going to be the engine in the cars, but is a starting point and the only way to go with mpgs is up...."

Something like that would instill confidence.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly! The people who think it will be a for sure thing make several assumptions. Everything with this company seems to be assumptions though.

The way it works in the business world is that the good news from tests is broadcast-ed. Remember, they are trying to get the small guy right now to make deposits. The bad news stays in company until they can figure out something good to show.

When it comes to "Inside Information", the big investors will already know it. In theory, those big investors would buy when they knew the good information and then broadcast it after.

"Maybe and if" type answers will not get the skeptical person to buy in. That is mainly what I hear with Elio.

I would love to see Elio come out with numbers saying "we tested the prototype and it only got 62 mpgs. Although this is lower than our expected 84mpgs, this is with the older suzuki engine. This is not going to be the engine in the cars, but is a starting point and the only way to go with mpgs is up...."

Something like that would instill confidence.

IIRC, they have said that in the prototype they have gotten "close" to 84...like 81(?)...and as you said, they have only used the metro engine....

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the "81mpg" is a 'computer estimate, of the future IAV engine with the aerodynamic improvements to the body. In the past Elio Motors has posted;
We tested our Mule 2 (Green) and it got 66 MPG EPA Certified... with a 25 year old Chinese designed engine! IAV, who designed the 12 cylinder 4 turbo Bugatti, certainly can do much better than a 25 year old Chinese design!

Top Bottom